Wild Animals (pics and updates!!)

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by BoyMeetsPearled, Jan 19, 2013.

1. One of my hobbies is to take pictures of animals that I encounter out in the wild! If any of you are anything like I am you may spend a fair amount of time out in nature and you may also encounter a variety of wild animals.

I thought it would be cool to start a thread where anybody can feel free to post pictures they take of animals that they encounter out in the wild. I plan to continually update this thread with various animal pictures that i myself took.

I have a good amount of pics and plan to continue to take more so stay posted for the updates, And i would really encourage any of you to feel free to post your animal pictures as well!!

Here is a few to start it off! Enjoy!:smoking:

Shore Crab and a Sea Anemone in a tide pool!

[​IMG]

California Brown Pelican

[​IMG]

Side Blotched Lizard

[​IMG]

2. Awesome man. Keep it coming!

3. #3 CaptainJoyous, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
    Awesome thread, exactly my kind of thing :D I do a lot of wildlife photography myself!

Love the pelicans, fantastic stuff!

Am on my phone at the moment, lets see what I have on here... Hehe, moments when I wish i'd had my camera on me

image-4275369931.jpg

Small tortoiseshell butterfly

image-455276016.jpg

Elephant hawkmoth caterpillar

image-655430931.jpg

Silver Y moth

I love my bugs :D

Aaaand here's an eel that I can't seem to unattach from my post :/

Attached Files:

4. A gecko in Hawaii drinking melted shaved ice

IMG149.jpg

5. Zomg its lil wayne

6. Awesome pics man! Would love to see whay you have on your camera as well!
    Where did you see that eel? do you live by the ocean or is it a freshwater eel? Real cool find ive never seen one before in the wild!

Sweet gecko! haha thats too funny that those things like shaved ice! I dont blame them tho because shaved ice is good as hell LOL!

7. image-3595414253.jpg

This little guy has a story.. His den is on my neighbor's land. Several weeks before I took that shot he lived with his momma & siblings. That is until my neighbor stuck a gun down the hole & killed the rest of them. In front of my 9 yr old daughter.

8. nice pics man.

9. DUDE WTF!!!! Fox are so beautiful! how cruel!! Is it looking like that lone survivor is gonna live? Cool pic! That just saddens me to hear about what your neighbor did tho!

10. Thanks man, I broke out the laptop and dug up a couple of my faves for you (I have a loooot of photos on here, just gonna keep it short and sweet.) I love that gecko too, it's awesome!

Saw the eel in a river when I was on holiday the south of the UK (I live in pretty much the middle of England).

Anywho, I'm a bit of a moth fancier, so here's a moth that I raised from a caterpillar. This was a couple of hours after hatching, before he was released into the wild. (The species is Buff Ermine for any other moth enthusiasts!)
    [​IMG]

And a juvenile robin just for kicks :)
    [​IMG]

11. [quote name='"BoyMeetsPearled"']

DUDE WTF!!!! Fox are so beautiful! how cruel!! Is it looking like that lone survivor is gonna live? Cool pic! That just saddens me to hear about what your neighbor did tho![/quote]

Yes it does suck. I took that about 8 months ago.. I see him on our property about once a month. Our neighbor raises peacocks & claims the foxes eat them. People are annoying!

12. Moths rock! Awesome. I think they can be much more beautiful than butterflies. Intricate patterns.

13. Ahh that sorta makes sense... im sure fox would chow down on a peacock, ive heard they do the same with chicken farms! But still there is more humane ways to go about it like trapping and relocating!

14. first post so bear with me...no pun intended:rolleyes:

Some pics i've taken, first ones in the wild but the rest are from berlin zoo last year.

crafty spanish squirrel
    DSC00489.jpg

pile up
    20120724_153242.jpg

was right in front of me
    20120724_140651.jpg

can't remember what these are
    20120724_155417.jpg

huntsman spider
    20120724_155634.jpg

enjoy:smoking:

15. Nice pics! That Spanish squirrel is cool it looks a little smaller and has shorter fur than an American squirrel.

That pile up is funny...ive see turtles do that a few times but its crazy that they are just cool with that baby alligator jumping on the top LOL

16. yeah he was so fast i took that picture by mistake thinking he'd gone but man was he crafty.

haha i know I'd never seen anything like it before, the grin on the little crocs face makes it for me:D

17. #18 BoyMeetsPearled, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    Ill leave you guys with this one before i go to bed.

This is for everybody who's ever wondered what it looks like inside a coyote den. Yes i stuck my hand in there lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Nice! ( coyote den)

Like the composition in the squirrel photo to.

19. Ahhh. Catdogs. My favorite animals