Why?

Discussion in 'General' started by CptCannibas420, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Today at Thanksgiving dinner, i witnessed something. My step aunt, who is a cancer patient (this will most likely be her last thanksgiving), was having issues. She had to be helped away from the table as she was having extreme nerve pain throughout her body. She was shaking, and cringing, and silently screaming. There was nothing she could do except take some type of medicine (not sure of the name), that more orless kncked her out. She was taken home before we finished eating. This is a situation that I feel medical marijuana could have easily helped, yet is totally illegal in the state in which i live. This was one of the saddest moments i have witnessed in a while, and only makes me want to fight for a country where patients can live without this sort of anguish. What do you all think grasscity?

2. Of course your right, but unless your a billionaire, good luck fighting our representatives.

3. Aw dude, you didn't finish eating? That fucking sucks.

4. Cancer sucks. I fully believe very heavy cannabis use kills cancer, and helps with the symptoms.

I knew someone who got diagnosed with lymphoma and was given less then a 5% chance of survival. This was before Medical marijuana was even legal in any state. He went to Fox Chase, and they where doing experimental treatments.

Motherfucker smoked a ton of weed everyday there, got some chemo, and beat cancer.

I couldn't even imagine having cancer, he said he would rather die of cancer then go through chemo again.

5. #5 TexRx, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011

The blade says his Aunt has cancer and you say something insensitive......not cool

Any proud cannabis consumer that has a family member suffering from cancer would contemplate the potential usefulness of the great herb we all love.....

~~

And hey, OP...keep in mind that your Aunt has to want to try it herself. It's not something you force on someone

Hang in there... everyone has to deal with death at many times in life

:)

6. its illegal,cause BIGGEST drug dealer "Big Pharma" wants it illegal.Big Pharma wants everyone taking their poisonous drugs.Just turn on the tube and see the poison their pushing on the daily..Marijuana is a threat to their multi billon $ empire. Vote Ron Paul 2012..

7. Two of my aunts had cancer. I dont think I would have suggested it to them

8. THC is not intended to relieve severe pain.
    It does not affect substance P or enkephalins in the slightest bit so it would render useless for your aunt. Sorry pal, but her opiates are probably doing a better job than any form of THC could ever perform.:(

9. Most likely a high dose of fentanyl.

As meddlehaze said, if she requires that type of med then she is beyond the reach of the kind herb for pain management. However, it can aid in other ways so I would not rule it out for her if it were legal in her State.

But that it something she would have to discuss with her doctor. If it were legal.

I happen to live in a country with federal MMJ laws, so it is a moot point for me to comment. It has proven its effectiveness and the sky has not fallen.

My thoughts to your aunt.

10. Cannabis may not be enough to totally quiet her pain, but it would let her get by with a lower dose of opiates that might leave her a bit more coherent!

Cannabis reduces opioid dose in the treatment of chronic non-cancer pain. (full - 2003)
    http://www.jpsmjournal.com/article/S0885-3924(03)00142-8/fulltext

Cannabis in Palliative Medicine: Improving Care and Reducing Opioid-Related Morbidity (abst - 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis in Palliative Medicine: Improving Care and Reducing Opioid-Related Morbidity[/FONT]

Low dose combination of morphine and Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol circumvents antinociceptive tolerance and apparent desensitization of receptors (full - 2007) Low dose combination of morphine and

There's a mess more available if you just click that first link in my sig! Look, can you find a friend to address a few letters? The post office doesn't require return addresses, yet! You can stay anonymous. ;)

Make some print-ups of those studies or news articles from my List. Send them to her! Let her know that cannabis can help ease her pain! (You may eventually get a call from her, asking if you might possibly know where she could find a little baggie!:eek:)

And, Meddle, cannabis is often MORE effective at treating neuropathic pain than opiates! :eek:

Multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of THC:CBD extract and THC extract in patients with intractable cancer-related pain. (abst - 2010) Multicenter, double-blind, randomized,... [J Pain Symptom Manage. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoid 'Completely' Prevents Chemotherapy-Induced Neuropathy, Study Says
    (news – 2011) Cannabinoid 'Completely' Prevents Chemotherapy-Induced Neuropathy, Study Says

Smoked cannabis for chronic neuropathic pain: a randomized controlled trial
    [FONT=&quot](full - 2010) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Smoked cannabis for chronic neuropathic pain: a randomized controlled trial[/FONT]

Cannabinoids called equivalent to codeine for killing pain (news - 2004)
    Cannabinoids called equivalent to codeine for killing pain | Internal Medicine News | Find Articles

Capt, my List can be a great tool for "tearing down" prohibition. The medical facts are overwhelming! Just read down the titles in my List and share whatever you think will help others! :yay:

That your aunt has to suffer when something is available to help, is just WRONG!

And in spite of what some nay-sayers will tell you, it DOES help to write your local politicians! Look what happened here!

http://www.sj-r.com/carousel/x48256...nce-for-medical-marijuana-in-Illinois?photo=0

"Illinois House Republican leader Tom Cross' change of heart could mean a change in the prospects for medical marijuana in Illinois. \tCross, R-Oswego, had opposed the legislation in the past, but changed his mind after hearing from constituents and members of the medical community..."

And the dude is a total REPUBLICAN! :eek:

Then, there is the online news -lots of opportunities to educate there! :D Every mind you change is another vote for legalization! And one mind at a time is how we will have to do this! :cool:

I have the news articles in my List all marked like this-

Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cancer (news - 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cancer[/FONT]

Most news articles are "1 pagers", print them up and leave them in laundromats, college lounges- any place people congregate and are bored! ;)

So there is a good start on your activism, hon! [​IMG] Glad you have decided to join us! We can use your help! :hello:

Granny :wave: