Why The Underdevelpoed Buds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trueweedsmoker, Jun 7, 2013.

1. #1 trueweedsmoker, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
             HI GUY'S.  I WAS WONDERING WHY I HAVE UNDER DEVELOPED BUDS?  I HAVE DEADHEAD OG SO I KNOW ITS A SATIVA DOMINANT,  BUT I JUST FINISHED WEEK 4 FROM 12/12 TODAY.  I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD OF COUNTED THAT 2 WEEK TRANSITION PERIOD OR NOT.  BUT THERE 4 WEEKS INCLUDING THE TRANSITIONAL PERIOD.

GROW ROOM CONDITIONS ARE GREAT.

TEMP 72-79
    HUMIDITY 22-30
    1600 WATTS HPS
    800 WATTS FLOURESCENT
    CO2 TANK ADDED ALL DAY.
    THERE DRINKING ABOUT A 1 1/2 GALLONS A DAY IN A DWC.

WAS USING GENERAL HYDROPONICS 3 PART. NOW I SWITCHED TO ADVANCE NUTES
    SENSI A & B
    BIG BUD,
    OVERDRIVE
    HUMBOLDT CRYSTAL BURST
    HUMBOLDT PURPLE MAXX
    HUMBOLDTS SNOW STORM
    HUMBOLDTS MAGNUM
    ROCK NUTRIENTS TONIC
    ROCK NUTRIENTS RESINATOR

MY PPM'S WAS ALWAYS 1300 AND THEY DID GREAT SO I TURN IT UP TO 1700 AND THERE STILL DOING FINE.  BUT NO GROWTH.  I THINK THEY JUST STOPPED GETTING TALLER A FEW DAYS AGO.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

2. SORRY FOR THE PICS....I'LL GET BETTER ONES AT LIGHTS OUT

3. From your light schedule calculations I think you're still in between the stretch and when the buds start to grow and plump up.
    As long as everything else looks good I'd give it a little more time.
    That's just my opinion tho

4. look fine for week 4

5. THNX I WAS WONDERING WHERE THEY WAS AT AND SHOULD BE.  I WAS COMPARING THEM TO PICKS ON THE INTERNET AT THE SAME AGE

6. yea they just build buds right now and they dont start to swell till like week 5 or 6 then get real fat weeks 7-9

7. I've got some Deadhead OG growing as well. 3 weeks after flipping the lights. Patience is the best thing right now. :)

Yours look pretty good. Check out my journal if you want.

8. [SUB]OK.  THAT'S WHATS UP I NEEDED THE ASSURANCE GLAD IM NOT BEHIND THEN.  I WASNT TOO SURE SEE THIS WAS MY FIRST HYDRO GROW.  DAEDHEAD OG IS VERY LOUD SMELLING THOE AINT IT.  I GOT TRICHOMES ONLY ON THE TOP BUDS, BUT I THINK THEY WILL COME OUT, AND HOPE MY CO2 WONT DECREASE MY THC COUNT TOO MUCH.[/SUB]

9. None of the girls in my tent are really smelling that much right now until I move them around the screen.

I do hear that Deadhead is pretty stinky so I have my carbon filter hooked up. Hopefully it will be enough.

Deadhead OG was the easiest plant to get ready for scrog. She took to LST really well and was super easy to clone.

We bought the clone from our local dispensary and also a half ounce of the plant which they say tested at 27% THC but I doubt I'll get it that high being my first grow.

Right now I mainly just have trichs on the upper buds as well.

10. #10 trueweedsmoker, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    THE DISPENCARIES SUCK BALLS.  THEY GET IT BEFORE ITS CURED OR DRIED RIGHT AND THEY JUST SELL IT.  ITS NOT THERE FAULT BUT  I PRETTY MUCH KNOW FOR A FACT THAT YOU WILL DO ALOT BETTER YOURSELF.  I DONT KNOW ANYONE WHO HASNT.  MY DEADHEAD WASNT THAT EASY TO SCROG.  MY WIFE BUILT A NET AND IT WAS A NO GO.. I FLOWERED AT 2 FT AND THEY ENDED UP BEING 5 FT 6 INCHES TALL FROM ROOT TO TIP AFTER THE STRETCH, AND IM NOT TOO SURE ITS DONE STRETCHING.  YEA BUT THE LST WENT GOOD, THEY JUST WENT WILD AFTER I TRIED TO TOP, THEY WOULDNT STAY SHORT.  MAN MY SH.. STANK ONLY WHEN I OPEN THE DOOR BUT IM GETTING USE TO THE SMELL.  THEY SMELL IT IN THE BASEMENT FROM THE 3RD FLOOR.  DUDE YOU GOT A CARBON FILTER.  IM JEALOUSE FOR REAL, I COULDNT AFFORD ONE YET.  IF YOU REMOVE THAT FILTER, YOUR GONNA BE LIKE WHAT THE HELL. LOL  HOW FAR ALONG ARE YOU?  YOUR NOT IN VEG ARE YOU?  I DIDNT GET TRICHOMES UNTIL THE 2ND ALMOST 3RD WEEK OF FLOWER.

11. I think your caps lock is broken.

12. The dispensary by my place isn't too bad. But I get the 'buy one get one free' and that stuff is never as good as the top shelf but I'm too cheap to pay 55 an 8th when I can get 2 for that price.

My wife topped her a bunch and had her looking like a giant bush. All of them were showing hairs around day 50. We vegged her for 60 days, pre flowered for 10 and today is day 12 of flower.

I'm just now getting trichs, so yep pretty much right about where you said I would. :bongin:

13. dang kool.  60 days. monstrous.  I bet its hard to even walk around that mutha.  I only vegged for about 34 days

14. i let my ppm's hit 2000 accidently for about 3 days and my plants love it, my buds are like 6 inches now and i just finished week 5.  but i use rock nutes also

15. 5 WEEKS FLOWER.

Attached Files:

16. You're looking good.

Keep it up.

17. Getting there bud !

18. Lookin' good. :bongin: