Why some people don't see "God" (not a man in the sky)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Outside of Time, May 13, 2011.

1. Cool :smoke:, Im a pantheist aswell.

Energy and nature/universe are two separate things however.

2. Well i believe energy caused it all, and creates consciousness. But cool to find a like thinker! :D

3. what reason do you have to think that?

4. Because energy is required for any process. If the atom came first, where did the energy come from to begin it's cycle? This is what I asked myself, and realised energy is needed for ALL things to exist. IDK where the atom came from, but I'm sure it's the same source as energy and ALL the laws of the universe.

5. #105 vapeEVERYday, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
    the atoms that you are speaking of are energy so wouldnt energy coming first be a fallacy? Mass=energy and vice versa proven in the famous equation E=MC2. Also what makes you think that it came into existence. I think its more likely that because matter cannot be created or destroyed it has always been here and we just dont understand the dimension of time well enough to talk about the creation of the universe. but thats just me haha.

6. #106 KirbyPuckett, May 21, 2011
    Well yes, they are from the same source. Ultimately though, I think energy began the whole cycle. Electrons wouldn't have a cycle without an external source to start the first atom IMO. It would just be a random object with no intention or capability.

7. gotcha, I agree. :D

8. I'm not that qualified to understand how the universe came to be.. lol. This is the farthest I'll go to try to understand it. All I know in my beliefs is that there as a source for atoms/energy and that is my god. I don't think it has thought process, but I do wonder where the hell all the laws of the universe came from (like chemistry, biology, physics, quantum mechanics, science in general, evolution, whatever laws we find next) :confused_2:

9. #109 Entropywins, May 21, 2011
    The laws are based on interactions between hadrons and leptons with gauge bosons being the mediating forces, these forces/interactions of particles regulate everything!

Hadrons- composite particle made up of quarks (kept together by strong force-gluon) Baryons-made up of three quarks- and Mesons- made up of one quark and one anti-quark.

Lepton-elementary particle most often associated with the electron, there are charged leptons (electron like leptons) and neutral leptons neutrinos.

Gauge boson-bosonic particles that act as carriers of the fundamental forces of nature, photon-mediates electromagnetism, W and Z mediate the weak interaction, gluon mediate the strong force/interaction, and hypothetical graviton is supposed to mediate gravity and soon hopefully the Higgs boson will join the list supposed to be responsible for giving gauge bosons mass while being compatible with gauge theory.

Where did these come from you will probably ask, most likely nowhere as in they have always been here or there predecessor always existed. Given that we have something it is illogical to think there could have been nothing, much safer to bet on infinite existence then on a bloop god made it out of nothing and he told me so. When there is existence it negates the possibility of non! srry bout that

10. I think the majority of Christians, Jews and Muslims think of God as a man in the sky.

11. #111 KirbyPuckett, May 21, 2011
    Right on Entropywins. Just because we can't explain it though, doesn't mean it just appeared (magnetism/gravity). I respect your thoughts though.

I think electro-magnetism/gravity requires energy to create it. Science seems to think the reasons for things are infinite which is fine I guess. I just think it all has a source. No clue where energy came from though.. lol.

12. You have to remember about science. Breakthroughs really have only happened in the last 100 years or so. Especially medical. Before the 'information age'.

13. #113 KirbyPuckett, May 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
    Yes, and "breakthroughs" often erase or change what was once "fact". I don't think it's possible to find the "breakthrough" that caused the universe, which is why science is chasing it's tail in circles. Sure, it's really interesting at times, but in the grand scheme of things, what do we KNOW about the universe?

14. Well, we know a hell of a lot about earth and its resources. For how little time it took in the recent past. We can exploit more then ever in history.

15. #115 KirbyPuckett, May 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
    I respect your answer, and I agree we know a lot about earth, but I think the information the universe holds is infinite. No ultimate answer, other than to me, it all has a source (big bang or before.. the energy that caused it all) This source is "god", and created consciousness. But I don't think consciousness has thought until an ego, or brain, is formed.

16. Our bodies alone are a universe itself. It will take centuries, and I bet we still won't know everything about them. Maybe the universe constantly evolves, just like life?

17. I think most of the worlds religious followers or God believers think of God as a tangible being. Like the pearly gates or streets of gold. Sitting on the right hand of God in heaven. Sorry only giving Christian examples. Like the terrorists with their 72 virgins. God isn't a man in the sky. God is either pure formless information or pure formless Love.

18. you said theres no ultimate answer and then gave your theory of the ultimate answer in the same sentence

Also, the point of science isnt really to find the ultimate answer/truth. Its to better understand the world around us and the laws of the universe. With this knowledge we can better manipulate our environment to our advantages (or to blow eachother up...)

19. "Yo yo, this is smoooothe playin jazz funkin dj g-o-d!"

sorry had to get that out, and yeah man i know what yeah mean.

20. Excuse me Mr. Scientist, how fool-hardy of me to use a definition other than the 100% most proper physics definition you've seen fit to grace us with. I was using energy to describe a concept, the "force" behind life. Notice I put quotations around force so you'd know it wasn't the "physic's definition".

Lol, I asked nicecly to keep the negativity out of this thread. Why are some people always so eager to charge in shouting "There is no God! It's not real, it's just mumbo jumbo!"

I would say it never gets old, but we all know that's not true... right? ;)