Why society is doomed to fail

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BrainScratch, Jul 30, 2012.

1. In nature, everything takes a path of least resistance. Call it "lazy" if you will. Now, things that happen in nature commonly reflect things in our "modern" society. If you look at the way traffic moves for example, it looks like blood flow in an organism, even more so in the night because the lights on the back of cars are red. One might think we have become detached from society in terms of intelligence, but everything else in our biology and instincts we are still very much part of our monkey ancestors. I was thinking the other day, why people especially males, masturbat. Why is it that we jack off to other people having a fuck? Well it's our animal instincts right? telling us to procreate as much as possible so our species doesn't die off. Well then, if we are very much a part of nature instinctively then things we do are linked to these instincts, and if a natural instinct of society is to take the path of least resistance, we will also take the path of least resistance.

If you look at society now, we have become very apathetic and indifferent to things that can very much destroy us. We idlely sit by and ruin the planet to support an unsustainable economic model just because it is the easiest thing to do (path of least resistance), how will we suddenly break out of millions of years of evolution to do something that requires more effort than the easiest thing to do?

2. All good questions my friend.

Let's just sit back and see what happens.

3. What? lol...

Not everyone is "lazy" and "passive". For example, look at most of the successful people out there...most of them will have walked down long and hard paths to get where they are. There are many people who want to take better care of our planet and we are already starting to look in that direction. So I guess what I am saying is...we make mistakes but I don't think that sets up an overall failure.

4. Shit, we're more than doomed to fail, we're a stones throw away from anarchy, from the nasty harmful foods and products we use and eat, to the stupid pill popping, celebrity obsessed zombies called people, stupid oblivious people don't even know how to grow weed properly, with their goodamn nute bottles and nonsense, its no surprise humans these days have no survival skills, that's the kinda shit they should
    teach in school, not how freaking Columbus raped the Indians, oh I mean discovered the America's :-/.....

follow the motto and well be alright people,
    WORK, BUY, CONSUME, DIE...... Works all the time

Attached Files:

5. work buy consume die?

seems so bleak yet true for most people

6. Quality post BrainScratch :smoking:

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2jL-9KyWlA&feature=autoplay&list=PLAF8965F28847FA5F&playnext=2]The Point Of No Return - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U&list=PLAF8965F28847FA5F&index=45&feature=plpp_video]ILL MIND OF HOPSIN 5 #hopsin - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFEhJfUcD1Q&list=PLAF8965F28847FA5F&index=44&feature=plpp_video]CHIEF KEEF - 3HUNNA - YouTube[/ame]

8. Not everyone, but the general mindset of society is in an apathetic state. Yes there are hard working people that want to make a change, but how can a few influence millions upon millions that are stuck in their degenerative way of life? Yes, we are "looking" towards the general direction to get ourselves out of this mess, but what are we actually doing other that looking? Our rate of progress doesn't seem to be faster than our rate of need to consume and destroy.

9. #9 A AnoesisOrange, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Call it what you will but without what we got, living is one of the hardest things you'll ever do.

The reason we are apathetic is because we, as a collective conscious, are becoming aware. We are beginning to understand that there are limitations to our social architecture, to our ability to perceive the reality and the universe we are submersed in. We've realized that we are stuck. Ignorance is bliss, I'm sure.

It is these thoughts that perturb our minds, apathy is our medicine. Surviving was supposed distract us from it. Soon it will again.

10. People are waking up. You being here, posting this and being replied to by others is testament to that. It won't all happen at once, but gradually we will (hopefully) see a bit of change.

And nice username/avatar - Cowboy Bebop is amazing. :D

Peace.

11. [quote name='"badboy287"']Shit, we're more than doomed to fail, we're a stones throw away from anarchy, from the nasty harmful foods and products we use and eat, to the stupid pill popping, celebrity obsessed zombies called people, stupid oblivious people don't even know how to grow weed properly, with their goodamn nute bottles and nonsense, its no surprise humans these days have no survival skills, that's the kinda shit they should
    teach in school, not how freaking Columbus raped the Indians, oh I mean discovered the America's :-/.....

follow the motto and well be alright people,
    WORK, BUY, CONSUME, DIE...... Works all the time[/quote]

Agreed 1000%

12. [quote name='"BrainScratch"']In nature, everything takes a path of least resistance. Call it "lazy" if you will. Now, things that happen in nature commonly reflect things in our "modern" society. If you look at the way traffic moves for example, it looks like blood flow in an organism, even more so in the night because the lights on the back of cars are red. One might think we have become detached from society in terms of intelligence, but everything else in our biology and instincts we are still very much part of our monkey ancestors. I was thinking the other day, why people especially males, masturbat. Why is it that we jack off to other people having a fuck? Well it's our animal instincts right? telling us to procreate as much as possible so our species doesn't die off. Well then, if we are very much a part of nature instinctively then things we do are linked to these instincts, and if a natural instinct of society is to take the path of least resistance, we will also take the path of least resistance.

If you look at society now, we have become very apathetic and indifferent to things that can very much destroy us. We idlely sit by and ruin the planet to support an unsustainable economic model just because it is the easiest thing to do (path of least resistance), how will we suddenly break out of millions of years of evolution to do something that requires more effort than the easiest thing to do?[/quote]

Monkey ancestors? Are u kidding? Humans Today developed from other humans ie: cavemen, we are not an evolved form of monkies!? That is just hogwash, theres no such thing as an evolved monkey that can talk, which is what u are saying.

13. That... actually makes a lot of sense

14. Yeah. I mean any one with a bit of brain power can reflect on the fact that shit we, as a self-reflecting species, do is fucked up. However, it is a much more somber realization that we are essentially helpless to do anything about it beyond our own existence. Do you really think we can do better than that [insert holier than thou religious figure here] dude? He was our best shot and look how many people we have killed and tortured in his name.

15. Sorry I don't know if you are religious but to me who cares? Its not my world to save, turkey and deer don't go around worrying about saving this and improving that, they just live. The way you say we sit around makes it seem like there is something we should do, but no proof, so organisms will do as they have and always will do.

16. #16 badboy287, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    [quote name='"Dutchmaster617"']

Sorry I don't know if you are religious but to me who cares? Its not my world to save, turkey and deer don't go around worrying about saving this and improving that, they just live. The way you say we sit around makes it seem like there is something we should do, but no proof, so organisms will do as they have and always will do.[/quote]

Its not your world to save, but best believe it'll be your world to perish with, now Im not saying we're gonna be able to solve all problems overnight, but there are things we all can do individually , idk how much it can help at this point n time but I think there are things we can do. And a Turkey and deer are not a comparison for humans, no animals are, because animals dont have concious thought, the main fact that we have this power as humans feels like more of a reason to not destroy our planet.

17. So your argument is that (as I expected) humans are special and above all life?

I don't agree, so my point still stands, I would love to have my remains thrown in nature for plant life, but the things you are talking are just opinions I can't agree with.

18. I see your point, but I do really think that we will solve issues before turning this planet into a giant graveyard. We have more and more electric cars being produced and improved, we have solar energy (though it is way to expensive at the moment for the general population to obtain), etc. Of course, more needs to change but I really think it will. Nobody will stand by long enough for it to be our downfall. As for the few that are doing it...it only takes one match to light a fire. If they stick with it and keep pushing...good will come of it.

19. [quote name='"Dutchmaster617"']So your argument is that (as I expected) humans are special and above all life?

[/quote]

I don't recall stating that at any point in my replies. I don't get what your stance is as yet, I understand you don't care, but that's about it.

20. [quote name='"PharCyDeD"']

I see your point, but I do really think that we will solve issues before turning this planet into a giant graveyard. We have more and more electric cars being produced and improved, we have solar energy (though it is way to expensive at the moment for the general population to obtain), etc. Of course, more needs to change but I really think it will. Nobody will stand by long enough for it to be our downfall. As for the few that are doing it...it only takes one match to light a fire. If they stick with it and keep pushing...good will come of it.[/quote]

This is true, but human greed is a giant obstacle these days, theres plenty of sustainable ways to serve society but they just don't fill the pockets of the greedy corporations enough, everyone's stuck on filling they're giant tanks with gas, and getting electricity from con ed or whatever , people get cited for growing their own vegetables and collecting rain water in certain states, its just disgusting ...hopefully society wakes up from this artificial mindset soon enough.