Why pot should be legal... and alcohol should not be..

Discussion in 'General' started by 24420, Jan 8, 2008.

1. I unfortunately had a distant relative of mine die from alcohol poisoning yesterday, I did not know him very well but it is a damn shame that something such as alcohol is still out there killing people, I have more or less sworn off alcohol from here on out, and shall only indulge in the herb. Neway it was a sad day indeed.

2. Eh, I disagree...while I am sorry to hear of your distant relative, he drank himself to excess.

Alcohol should be on the same level as marijuana, IMO.

3. Alcohol is worse than marijauana no doubt, my dad was the WORST alcholic you could imagine (he drinks straight smirnoff on ice everyday).. alcohol can completely tear apart an entire familiy. It's a lot worse and unhealthy than marijuana, but I don't think it should be illegal. There are some people who drink responsibly.

4. I don't think any substance we put in our body should be illegal

there needs to be a federal system of drug education and rehabilitation, not fear and propaganda

no government has any right to tell someone what they can and can't do to themselves in their own privacy regardless of how harmful the substance may be.

5. i dont think any substince should be illegal that being said if u go over bord on stuff like alc or h u should have to go to heave duty rehab if ur caught stelling, or .... for it

6. Sorry for your loss, but alcohol doesn't kill anyone. They choose to drink that much.

7. true and I agree prolly not illegal its just a shame really.

8. They should raise the drinking age in Britain to 21. Over 70% of violent crime is alchohol related and over 95% of one night stand related pregnancies are too.

The reason it's legal is simply because the Government makes so much more money off it from tax and other shit. If weed was legal then it would grow everywhere and the Government would have virtually no control over it, people would simply grow their own supply which means it's untaxable. This is the sole reason it's illegal; they pass it off as health related but that's bullshit, alchohol is more harmful to the body that marijuana. That's why they make all these propoganda adverts about schitzophrenia and mental health issues, to cover up their real motives for keeping it legal. If they can demonize cannabis, keeping the nation against it, then it makes it a lot easier for people to accept the fact it's illegal when it shouldn't be.

I hate alchohol and what it does to people. I got the shit kicked out of me by 5 drunken lads and a steel bar just over a week ago because of the poison. I got into a drunken argument with one, which never would have happened if we were stoned, and before I could get near him 4 of his mates were smacking me from all angles and I got smashed with a steel bar.

9. I agree 100% I even wrote a paper about this, it's the same thing with cigarettes too

10. Alcohol is manufactured and has much more potential to impair someone. The highest you can get off of pot is nothing compared to the drunkest you can get off of alcohol. Your body actually SHUTS DOWN if you drink too much. In that it is much more dangerous than pot.

It is a blatant invasion of my personal rights that some ass in a suit can stop me from smoking a plant that grows naturally on its own. It is also hypocritical that at the same time alcohol is not only allowed, but encouraged through marketing.

If I start thinking about this subject too much I become very angry. :mad:

11. i think alot of ppl would still buy bud from stores if they sell it cheap and quality, just like dam they make a fuck load of money and also we would save billons on what we spend on keeping it illegal and keepin people injail. itss illegal for many reason form my understaning the pharma Co.'s spend mega bucks payin ppl off to vote to keep it illegal really its all money based

12. This is exactly how Ron Paul felt. He felt that the government can't tell people what or what not to do with their body.

13. Felt? Why past tense? I'm pretty sure he still feels the same way. Same with Kucinich and Gravel, as far as I know. Maybe not as many drugs, but I know they all support the legalization of pot and none of them would make alcohol illegal. :p

14. BINGO.

Sorry for the bad fight, happens to the best.

On another note, anything when used excessively will have some sort of effect on you...the amount you take in is your decision. As Chris Tucker said in Money Talks:

"Guns don't kill people, stupid mothafuckas with guns kill people!"

15. i think that it shouldnt be illegal but nothing is good in excess

16. i feel sorry for your distant relative but the thing people are saying like he chose to drink excessivly, may be he just wanted to get drunk and when he was hammered being drunk made him want to and drink more and then he get poisoning.IMO drinking does really make you do stupid stuff but it should not be illegal and marijuana should be legal

17. that is crazy sorry for the lost man,, on another note u think ther may of been pills involved?? its kinda hard to die from alc alone but happens all the time. like some dude did 21 shots for his 21st birthday and died. i guess it has alot to do with ur body

18. Alcohol is quite addictive and very intoxicating in relation to other hard drugs. Alcohol is definetely not on the same level as MJ, but is still legal because drinking has become accepted in our society today, and is more looked at as a "classy, get together" type drink, not a dangerous intoxicating drug. And second it would be merely impossible to illegalize alcohol, although it should, it will most likely never happen

O.P., I'm really sorry to hear about your family member, alcohol has screwed with my family a bit, and ruined my other friends relationship with his parents. I really wish alcohol would be made illegal

19. The alcohol still kills you, some people don't know better, and in most cases people are too addicted to quit.

20. I feel that all drugs should be legal, as long as they are consumed in your own home so as not to harm anyone else. However, I do hate alcohol. My childhood was fucked up so bad because of what alcohol did to my family. If I draw up an analysis sort of thing, comparing effects and harms of alcohol, alcohol ways out much worse.

ALCOHOL = Liver damage, violent behaviour, addiciton, drunk driving, alcohol poisoning, overdose (don't know if there is a proper term, but I mean as in drinking yourself into a coma). As well as hangover the next morning...

WEED = Lung damage, sometimes mental illness if genetically predisposed or vulnerable. Oh and maybe obesity cause of munchies!

Anyways, I was thinking a cool thing to do would be to try and arrange a petition/pact to not drink until marijuana is legalised. Like, around the entire country, just millions of people refraining, maybe costing the bottleshops and government much money. All the while, spreading REAL information about marijuana, and getting more people to refrain. I dunno how effective it could be, but to quote Lennon 'They may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one'