why people laugh at creationist

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by blazeallday2479, Apr 22, 2010.

1. because with great power comes great responsibility. NO other religion holds this world by the short and curlys like Christianity, NO other religion dominates western culture. and it's even putting up a good fight for the east! NO other religion, path, or belief system is considered my some many to be THE ABSOLUTE. NO other religion...

so before anyone wants to take the side of the poor Christians, remember this, they are the majority, and beyond that, the general Christian belief is the vast majority, that virtually controls the states. they are not hurting for members, influence or power.

and i'm not quick to judge anyone, and i don't think any of the intelligent folks here, that have posted comments here do either. i know what i know and say whay i say after years of observation and analysis.

don't forget, the comment you posted was a "judgement" too, thus you were hasty in judging why we are saying what we say.

2. If God could create the world and all the various manifestations of himself.. how is it that he didn't leave behind a few clues that at the surface seem to be how the world formed? What came first, the egg or the chicken?

3. The modern chicken was believed to have descended from another closely related species of birds, the red junglefowl, but recently discovered genetic evidence suggests that the modern domestic chicken is a hybrid descendant of both the red junglefowl and the grey junglefowl.[9] Assuming the evidence bears out, a hybrid is a compelling scenario that the chicken egg, based on the second definition, came before the chicken.

:p

Chicken or the egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. it should prolly be..'the seed or the herb'...instead of the egg or the chicken

5. with what i read last semester in biology, they both came at the same time.

ultimately this question is a simple metaphor for "what created what", "who came first", and "is the universe, just a spec in another?"

you have to understand infinity properly, in order to understand the answer.

6. yeah :smoke:

7. I haven't read the thread or anything, and I dont really know what happened but if you believe in the big bang theory I feel bad for you.

Just because you dont believe in Jesus doesnt mean you cant believe in God.

8. I haven't read the thread or anything, and I dont really know what happened but if you believe in the big bang theory I feel bad for you.

Just because you dont believe in Jesus doesnt mean you cant believe in God.

9. i actually believe in jesus, he was a real man in history and historical facts prove that. god not so much until theres proof he's just an imaginary friend of millions.

10. this is one of those rare times when if your in the majority your wrong( just like all of us are sometimes), and the ones that dont believe(me) have to well, shut up and put up.

11. could you link me to some sites for that? ive seen no evidence of his existence, he wasn't in the census records of the time either.

12. i'll give it a go hopefully ill have something for you tonight but my freshman world civ teacher told us about jesus and that he was a real man not a miracle worker but a carpenter who was just any old person. I dont mean the bibles jesus if that clears the air. Oh and no i didnt go to a christian school pretty sure the teacher was atheist as am I.

13. #73 King, May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010

You're gullible dude. Lets get this right! You believe in Jesus because your civ teacher said he was any old man. Which he probably read from the Bible, ya know, the same book that mentions God.

So the bible is proof jesus lived but not God.

Marijuana is enough proof I need that god is here. Put a seed in the ground and it magically grows into something we all enjoy. If its not man-made then it is natural aka from God.

I guess you're not happy with your life and therefore there is no God because how could he let that happen. My old neighbor girl told me her grandmother denounced her religion in God because 'if there was a God then he wouldnt have let Hitler destroy so many jews'

Im not sayin im smart or anything but I know enough to say that you're not either.

Hey, Im sorry. God didnt do anything because he doesnt exist. The world as we know it just happened one day 32516 billion years ago. Just like a gun kills a man, yep, the world got here the same way, with a bang. Thank God for GC and the almighty blades on here to correct my misbeliefs of all these years.

:hello:

Also, why put so much belief in science. They werent on Earth 32516 billion years ago, yet the mysteriously know how old the earth and universe is and how it got here and how old some bones buried in the mountains are. If you believe scientists when they tell you how it was before life then you're pathetic. I sure as hell cant say for sure what my Dad did as a child just 20 years ago even with him telling me. I believe him and all, I just cant say for sure because I wasnt there. AND I had him tell me this with pictures and it was only 20 years ago. But if some scientist tells me the earth appeared out of thin air 20 millions years ago, he must know what he's talking about and I'll take his word as gospel.

Get a life and get off Gc every now and then

14. ^^^ read my post again. Ok
    Now apologize for being a dumbass. You are forgiven, mistakes happen

15. i hope you wish to speak in contradiction.

16. this is complete bullshit. It seems this person has been reading some Stephen Gould NOMA. It cannot be both man, we need one theory that is pragmatic so our society can benefit from its use. Science is an established methodology that relies completely on tangible observations, creationism is a story that is literally NON-SENSICAL (in the literal meaning of the term). The theories completely disagree with each other.

17. I feel like the only time science gets in the way is when people try to use it as religion, otherwise science is an excellent way to analyze the natural world. Universes included. The inverse is true too.

18. i'm sorry it's hard for you to see, that is the plague of having an individual mind. you just have to understand there is no such thing as a real wrong, just a wrong way of looking at it. it's all about perspective.....and if you want one "theory" the only one that is empirical and the only one that will EVER be empirical, is that there is NO theory.

in other words it's all or nothing. you can think that's bullshit all you want. one day you'll see.

to think millennium after millennium of our kind developing religions, only as some form of mind virus that is complete "bullshit" is very naive and illogical.

and i've never heard of Stephen Gould NOMA.

19. #79 IamHemper, May 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010
    maybe we are just some brain cells in a jar and that everything your perceptions are nothing more than initial input and the rest is all a dream state...

We are a brief accident to the universe. We come and go in a blink of the universes eye. No aliens will ever know we were here. Our sun will have engulfed earth leaving no evidence.

I actually think we as humans are just an intermediary step to what will actually become the dominant species. Humans will eventually perfect an AI intelligent enough to become autonomous and evolve on its own via designing and creating more robots. This type of life will have lifespans long enough to go out into space. Our little lifespans are to fragile for real space travel. I highly doubt we will develop the ability to fold space and time before the artificial life form comes.

20. #80 Zylark, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
    And I've hardly seen any more sillyness in so few videos. And lies mind you. Islamic creationism is no different from any other brand of creationism. It's just an endless display of total ignorance of physics, biology, chemistry, geology and cosmology. Sprinkled with a touch of disingenious apologetics that utilize just about every logical fallacy there is.

Christian, muslim, hindu, jewish or what have you creationists all read their little holy books a bit too much, know near nothing of how our universe really work and all put more, if you pardon the pun, faith in faith and "revelation" (read: made up shit) than facts, readily demonstrateable realities and evidense that exist by the literal tonnes.

More reality oriented people laugh at creationists, because creationists make a laughable case for their point of view. Arguments that when looked at under just a cursory critical light, falls apart like the farce they are.