Why not just delete the spam?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by howie105, Jul 30, 2017.

1. If spam posts are left up then to a degree they are accomplishing their purpose and cluttering up the board for actual users. Can the Moderators just KILL THE SPAM?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I was wondering the same thing. I mean the spammers just add a phone number or email in the title and it's still seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If they would make a minimum time (30 days) of "normal" use before getting permission to post topics.

Also, There must be a way to stop posting web addresses in the titles.

I believe that if GC cared they would have fixed it already.

4. As far as I know, GC the shop and GC the forum now exist as separate entities. I'm sure that contributes towards some of the leniency of spam posts and general forum rule-breaking.

5. They should require someone to be a member for 60 days before starting a thread.

I have suggested to the mods that no web addresses should be allowed to be in thread titles, but no response.

6. Ironically, this thread was started a few weeks after I started manually relocating the spam threads. It doesn't happen everyday due to a shortage of mods, time, and other commitments. The spam remover tool that we use used to automatically relocate the posts or do a hard delete, unfortunately it stopped working correctly.

We do care and we do understand that it is annoying.

7. Would more bodies help?

8. It likely would, but I believe that is on hold.

9. Got it, good luck and thanks.