Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why not call it by the legal name?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CounterCultured, Mar 12, 2012.

1. So as many people know, marijuana is the "slang" term for weed. Since marijuana is becoming medically legalized in a few states, why don't the dispensaries call it by its legal and appropriate name?

Shouldn't it be called medical cannabis instead of medical marijuana in a legal sense? lol i don't know i just thought about this

2. No because in amerika its called marijuana son

3. scratch that..reverse it.

4. Marijuana is the term that the government labeled the plant as. Originally spelled marihuana. So since those ignorant fuckwads named it that, I'm all for dispensaries referring to is as cannabis.

5. "Pot", "weed", "trees" etc are slang for marijuana. Marijuana is not slang for marijuana

6. Yeah Jakobo is right.. marijuana is NOT the slang term for weed. Weed is the slang term for marijuana.

Besides, if I lived in a medical state, it wouldn't really bother me if they called it marijuana or cannabis.

7. Haha btw guys sorry i meant to say weed is the slang for marijuana but it didn't come out on paper like that :p

8. Marijuana isn't even a true word.

Mexicans don't know what it means, it's just mota.

Cannabis is preferred by me.

9. [quote name='"GreenCrackYUM"']

Yeah Jakobo is right.. marijuana is NOT the slang term for weed. Weed is the slang term for marijuana.

Besides, if I lived in a medical state, it wouldn't really bother me if they called it marijuana or cannabis.[/quote]

You sir are retarded go take 15 mins and read the cannabis page on Wikipedia then come back and edit ur post...

10. okay...what I said had nothing to do with any of this haha. he said that marijuana was slang for weed..that's backwards. weed is slang for marijuana..which is why i quoted willy wonka and said "scratch that..reverse it."

as for the issue at hand, i dont really give a shit about what anyone calls it haha cannabis, pot, weed, mary jane...as long as it's not being called dope, i dont really care what term is used.

11. does it really matter what its called?

12. Legal name?

13. lets call it "happy green stuff"

14. Actually they originally called it marijuana as it sounds similar to the Spanish Marihuana, Marihuana in spanish is like Cannabis its the proper term so the gov just called it something similar so people would believe the bullshit that mexicans and black men were smoking it and raping white women.

15. why do people make such a big fucking deal about the name. everyone knows what the fuck you're talking about no matter what name you use for it.

16. [quote name='"TeH purpz"']

Actually they originally called it marijuana as it sounds similar to the Spanish Marihuana, Marihuana in spanish is like Cannabis its the proper term so the gov just called it something similar so people would believe the bullshit that mexicans and black men were smoking it and raping white women.[/quote]

Haha I made that post right when I woke up. I always do that and then I read them later and they make no sense.

17. The way I see it, cannabis is the plant, marijuana is the drug/buds of the plant, and weed is the slang :smoke:

18. Why dont we all just start calling it "flippity-floppity-floop"?

As long as it gets the job done, nomenclature is pointless...

19. I see it like this, cannabis is the name of the genus of the plant

species are sativa/indica (afghanica)/ruderalis

marijuana gets ya high, hemp doesnt

slang, is just slang hahahahah