Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why mix TOBACCO with WEED for joints?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Grandma Gudenhi, Mar 31, 2010.

1. He's not wrong, though. Semantically, he's absolutely right.

Spliffs taste different from blunts, yes. But to say that "weed and tobacco" tastes disgusting while claiming to love blunts would be a contradiction, since a blunt IS "weed and tobacco".

He could just say he doesn't like the taste of smoking weed mixed in together with tobacco in a spliff.... its all semantics, but dude wasn't wrong for pointing it out.

2. Oh my.
    He is wrong, he can say he likes smoking tobacco and weed, and say that the taste of tobacco and weed is disgusting. Because in each case he's talking about different forms. Different tastes.

I'm done with this long, useless and pedantic conversation.

3. He isn't wrong though.

smoking "tobacco and weed" could be either a spliff or a blunt, since both are comprised - in different ways - of "tobacco and weed"

Just saying, the guy who pointed it out is right.

And I don't see how this is "pedantic". Just pointing out the logic the behind it and you've decided to get upset. Chill out, bra.

4. #64 chubba, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
    ok yes this sounds like a contradiction but to be short and too the point... mixing tobacco with grinded weed then putting it into something to be smoked tastes completely different than wrapping a tobacco leaf around weed especiallly when the wrap is flavored... so i guess i should take back the comment i would NEVER mix tobacco with my weed but what i should say is i will NEVER MIX TOBACCO INTO THE WEED IM PUTTING IN ANYTHING THAT IM SMOKING. especially in the case of if i only had .3 left and using tobacco to fill the rest of the spliff... to those who like that its all good :D im just saying its not for me :smoking:

5. On another note I believe a spliff and coffee is known as a "Dutch breakfast" :)

6. I love putting tobby in my joints. I live in Canada and while 'Poppers' (search engine: poppers) are very popular, mixed joints are not. Its just what I like. I always mix some cig into my bowl or joint. I'm not an avid cigarette smoker, so I find it compliments the high really well.

:smoking:

7. I usually just roll jays but I decided to roll a spliff today, I roll my spliffs like 15% tobaco,and I have to say with some high quality american spirit 'baccy it was quite nice, I love the buzz, a change of flavor and the burn efficancy, k now im gonna go finish it:smoke:

8. My point exactly.
    It's so pedantic. I'm not upset. Talking of logic, look here.
    I am a blunt lover. I can love blunts (tobacco and weed) and hate mixing weed and tobacco in a joint (tobacco and weed again). Therefore I am justified in saying that I hate tobacco and weed (it's disgusting) whilst I smoke on this blunt :smoking:

9. I wasn't expecting everybody to break my comment down like what happened but I'm just tired of seeing people on these boards act disgusted by spliffs while saying they love blunts, however Chubba I apologize for making that assumption based off of your avatar and for all the subsequent confusion lol :smoking:

10. hey bro its all good :D thats what public forums are all about... if we couldnt bring things up and handle them maturely than none of use would belong here haha

11. I only know that throwing in tobacco helps to conserve your bud.

But please don't mix natural herb with all those hundreds of chemicals tobacco/cigarettes have....

12. Seriously. Necro'd.

13. I just mix them when i pack cigarettes. Then I can smoke at work and most people can't smell it or see it

14. We use it because it helps.

Sad truth is unless you're buying weight you're going to get a really bad deal. Our (or at least in my experience) idea of an 8th is very different from, say, a Californian's idea of an 8th. If you know the right people you can get good deals but usually it's really small.

Smoking it with tobacco means you don't have to use so much weed. So an 8th that would maybe be 3-4 joints with no tobacco can be up to 8/9 with tobacco.

It's also a serious social culture due to the prevelance in universities (again, in my experience). We smoke a lot in groups and it's much easier to pass around a spliff than a pure joint.

15. My main reason is to save money so i roll spliff most of the time , i smoke
    pure join sometime

but i think the smoke just dont feel as good and i dont get as high smoking 0.5g alone vs 0.5g+tobacco

i dont smoke Cigarettes , ocasionaly a good dutch whit 0.8 pure weed

Spliff just seem to hit more because the mixed smoke make it easy to take big ass puff whitout coughing cuz weed smoke is more dense:confused: anyway i know whit join i got to hit them too slow for my taste

16. In that case.

[​IMG]

17. Right thats digusting who cares if it gives you a slight bit more of a buzz. Fuck that especially since it defeats the purpose of actually tasting the weed and enjoying it People these days. Weeds ment to be smoked by itself and only by itself. Unless some kind of hash or hash oil which is still made from thc !

18. Better burning, nicer smoke and taste to some.

I use tobacco 90% of the time. I barley put any but enough

19. nothing wrong with doing it, and if your gonna bash us how about we get on to the fact that most americans say they roll 'fatties' just as an excuse to cover up that they cant roll at all / get a nice cone

20. how someone could know how it was meant to be used ???