Why...like why

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by baker76, May 8, 2011.

1. If I were to tell you science (what it proves anyways) is "god", would you believe me? If so, You could see that everything is god's miracle. If not, why could you not believe this? I'm not attacking you, ok? I just want to understand where you are coming from.

Now, can I ask you to do me a favor? It's going to be very hard.. but it is a must. Please take every single thing you have learned/believed from religion and throw it away. Ok? Why would I say such a thing? Well because religion works like the government. Its only reason for existence is to control the mind.

Now, please don't think I am trying to control your mind. I am merely explaining how to view "god" through my eyes.

Now, erasing your past beliefs of "god", could we agree on a "god" that is true for all of us? My belief of "god" is the universe/nature (energy). Could we agree that this does exist? Please post your thoughts.

Religion does a very good job of trying to label "god" with human characteristics to appeal to fellow humans. However we know that if "god" were to be true, it would be more powerful than we could every imagine. (Big bang comes to mind) Please try not to label it with our features because it is just beyond our comprehension.

I'm going to stop here for now. Please think these questions over so you can see where I am coming from. And as always, feel free to ask questions as you see fit.

2. If there was a god, there is no reason to believe it would have any feeling at all, this is just a relation we try to make with "it" to make ourselves feel like we have any connection at all to a being we deem "ultimate". Assuming you have any connection at all to an "ultimate being" is absurd at best, and without it I'm sure your life would feel meaningless. The advantage to being atheist is that we can live life to the fullest without the need to believe in something that can't be proven.

3. I see your point, but what if we could agree nature IS god? Then we most certainly WOULD have a connection with it, right? It's not as if nature is requiring anything from me, other than to exist.

4. Correct, but since that is an assumption, and has no evidence to back it up, it is pointless to think that it is actually so. Akin to assuming that lightning occurs from Zeus because we can't see where in the clouds it is actually coming from.

5. Now that i can get with, that is exactly what I believe in.

6. But are you saying nature doesn't exist then? Not trying to attack you! Just forming questions..

7. Well if there is anything i have learned in my life it is that life is nothing but big and small assumptions. Everything you know can flip the script on you and crush you in an instant. Lol and I dont believe in the Zues thing I just think their is greatness in everything, but with the same token that their is no all powerful figure from above watch and judging us.

p.s. Christians if the Bible says that God made us in his image do you really want that to be your God... think about it

8. because it makes sense if you don't think about it. the abrahamic gods as traditionally thought of, that is. and most are uneducated about their own faiths and just go with the flow. the faiths of the world can be beautiful sometimes, though. and the most repeated of the teachings are all the same, and quite useful. god gives fortunate people's lives meaning, and unfortunate people hope.

9. Very well put. I'd like to point one thing out though. I agree with your statement, but it actually says man made god in his image... So if you were to believe nature is "god", you would see that some of the bible was right, just taken out of context.

10. Why would something outside of nature govern the laws within nature? God really does no physical good, maybe mental.

11. God is not a being outside of nature who governs the laws. God IS the essence of nature, and his laws are how he works within it.

12. jesus ate satans dinner roll, therefore we have sin and an ultimate creator.

/thread
    [​IMG]problem religionfags?

13. #73 WhosGotTheHerb, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    Interesting way of putting it.. but yes. You are right. (in my eyes)

Yes, I agree with TheJourneys post. Think of "god" as energy. Energy is required for ANYTHING to exist. There is a positive and negative to energy. See where I'm going?

Ultimately, it is our choice, through free will, to decide our fate. (positive or negative) "God" requires nothing from us.

14. We are not debating whether or not nature exists. No one has said otherwise. Why do you pick parts of whole posts when it is the entire statement that needs addressed?

15. #75 WhosGotTheHerb, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    I'm going to stop voicing my opinion because it is clear you are not open to it. I'm sorry we couldn't see eye to eye..

edit: in case you forgot.

If you could just erase whatever it is you picture "god" being, I think you'd see my point..

16. /thread fail

17. comon man dont stop saying your opinions because you are one of the people on this thread who got me thinking a little bit more and don't let one dude who is being hostile on a thread that is supposed to be mad chill.

18. I'm certainly here to discuss it with anyone.. it's just that I think I've already made my points to him, but he refuses to "think outside his box". (no offense at all)

19. I don't picture god being anything, because no one has any evidence that points to any sort of true physical being to envision.

20. See that's where we disagree, because I see EVERYTHING as "god". What else could nature be?