Why...like why

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by baker76, May 8, 2011.

1. You seem to know things, what is required of the mind to be intelligent?

2. That is for you to decide. Just remember intelligence is subjective.

3. Intelligence is objective. Boy, you're bad at the whole reality thing.

4. But some are less intelligent thans others you said? Now I'm confused?

5. Why would you be confused? Clearly it's true that not everyone is of the same intelligence. In fact, there is no reason to think there isn't a smartest human being alive. To further clarify just how non-dogmatic I am about this, suppose both of us are living in delusion right now. Neither of us, you or me, are in touch with reality at all. Why? Because Islam, and the literature which comprises the Qur'an and hadiths reflect our reality. The smartest human being alive could very well easily be located in Saudi Arabia, given this were true. It would not be merely a matter of opinion. This would be fact. Now, exactly how likely is it that the Qur'an is the perfect word of the creator of the universe? Extremely close to zero, if you want to be specific and throw out a number.

6. People misunderstand the nature of creation.

Something does not come from nothing, as some hypocritical religious people rightly point out. God does not create something from nothing. EVERYTHING is the outflow of GOD, who is not a "thing" or a "being" but the source of all things. The mechanism through which all things work

7. Personally, I don't judge people by the amount of "intelligence" that exists because what is intelligence? I'm not exactly sure.. depends on the subject doesn't it?

I'm not familiar with this Qur'an.. but I can say I have no place to say whether it is correct or not. To me? Yes, I could. To everyone? No clue, but don't care because they are free to believe as they please.

8. Free Will

It's the greatest gift 'The Creator' 'God' 'The Almighty' (whatever word suites you most appropriate) gave us. He does not judge one's decision

We are co-creators

9. Becuase their are energy forces in the air that work above and amunst us.regarless of wether u beleive or do not beleive.

10. What is the benefit of acknowledging that there is, or could be a "god"?

11. #31 Senior PoopiePants, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    The word "God" is more multifaceted than we like to acknowledge.

I mean, people (or religions, rather) always declare god (The "All") to be a super-human-like being which favors us humans on Earth and is picky about who he accepts into his "kingdom".

But what if the word "God" is just a wrong label - a misnomer? What if there is just The Universe/Multiverse? That would include everything in material existence - which includes us.

So if you believe in the Big Bang or not, bottom line is - we all came from ONE source - regardless if that "source" is just eternity/infinity.

What I'm getting at is that people should be more open minded to the concept of "god" and just think in more terms of an abstract creator.

That would make more sense in my book. I can NOT see, however, the creator of our universe as the god(s) in the bible/Torah, Koran. If that's the case, then damn... What a fucking mess it would be indeed...

I'm agnostic, but I like to think that what everyone calls "God" is just an intelligent form of energy that created the material universe and its physics, etc. That would make EVERYTHING a fraction of this god.

So as someone else eloquently pointed out here on GC, Everything is perfect BECAUSE everything is fucked up - and vice versa. :)

Everything is nothing/Nothing is everything.

Edit - oh yeah, so with that said, OP, you cursing the skies and asking "why" is (IMHO) falling upon deaf ears. Nature can be tricky. Nature includes OUR existence.

Just make the best of it. Do what you love to do without hurting others. Enjoy this ride called "life" because it's a fucking trip!

12. No more than the benefit of acknowledging anything else

13. I would say it depends on the person. I can say it has helped me out of a deep depression, and allowed me to accept that we are all equal. Everyone is as important, if not more, than myself. This is what it did for me..

14. Do you ever get the feeling that a post went totally over you head? Just wondering.

15. lol. I wondered that myself.

16. Can't say I have.. you?

17. he's just wondering...:p

18. He who sees all blinds himself for your benefit

:)

19. I've been unable to understand people before, but I make a serious effort to actually have a discussion, where I explain my position, and then explain where I think someone has made mistakes in theirs, and await their reply. If their reasons for me being wrong are good, I am forced to change my position.

I think making sense and being consistent is really awesome.

20. I'm sorry if my sense doesn't make sense to you.. Are logic isn't similar I suppose. Guess that makes me crazy huh?