why isnt all weed dank?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by boatsnhos, Apr 22, 2009.

1. like,why do people grow mid when they could grow better?

2. Money

3. Cuz bagseed is so much easier to come by than dank seed.

4. #4 chiefton8, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009

bagseed can be grown into top-notch dank if grown properly. genetics are not the problem.

OP- the simple answer is how it is grown. growing dank takes time and care, and can only be done in limited quantities (quality over quantity). the other option is to grow a whole field of weed, but not spend the time to fertilize properly, cut down the males, get rid of pests, trim properly, etc. in that case you're getting a lot more bud, but of lesser quality (quality over quantity). typically growing lots of shitty weed (quantity) is more profitable than growing a smaller amounts of dank (quality). This is why we get regs, mids and schwag. :)

5. [quote name='chiefton8']not true. bagseed can be grown into top-notch dank if grown properly.

Perfectly Explained :rolleyes:

6. small typo, i fixed it to say what i meant. :cool:

7. hey schawg doest not come from the US. its from mexico. lol.

8. #8 toastybiz, Apr 22, 2009
    I disagree with the singular notion that growing conditions dictate quality without any contribution from genetics. There definitely are higher and lower quality genetics. But I do agree that genetics is not the whole story either -- it is the combination of genetics and conditions that will deliver the quality. True that if conditions are bad enough, no level of quality in the genetics can save the harvest, but the reverse is also true, that if the genetics are bad enough then no level of quality in the conditions will turn Cinderella into a princess. It will get it as close as it can be, but crappy genetics can't yield super-dank no matter what you do with lights, nutes, curing, etc.

9. #9 chiefton8, Apr 22, 2009
    i 100% agree with what you say. but remember the original question: why doesn't everyone just grow dank? the reason is not genetics because every grower can get their hands on top quality strains, even major mexican outdoor operations (all you need is a little cash and an internet connection to order seeds online right?). so supply of good genetics is not the issue. the issue is the grower's choice to grow quantity over quality, which gives rise to lower quality bud regardless of the strain. i agree that bad genetics will make bad weed even if it is grown well, but again supply of genetics is not the limiting factor here...they just chose not to grow dank in the name of quantity. thus, growing conditions are the fundamental reason why we have schwag on the market. (i feel like i'm giving a dissertation or something here... ;) )

10. I think all serious growers will agree, good genetics are worth the money.

But also, bagseed, grown organically and sin semilla, and properly dried and cured, will be a whole lot better smoke than its parent.

11. Hell ya unless the genetics are completely fucked up you can raise a quality plant, but the genetics available to buy are definitely dominant in most situations.

12. good question!!