Why is weed illegal?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Love & Loyalty, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Erm...it's illegal because...
    It's not legal?

:p

okay, but besides the obvious.
    Weed causes cause mental damage, everything we do causes mental damage! AIR causes damage to our lungs from all the pollutants! THC may very well have the power to cure cancer, as was reported to have happened in a study with lab rats which had cancer! CBD has been shown to PROTECT and preserve brain cells from serious injury. Weed might do weird things to you, but at the same time protects your brain...which is probably why you get that weird feeling when you wake up after smoking feeling half fucked up and half normal, sorta stupid feeling sometimes...I believe that's from the preservation the CBD enacts.......but hey, I could be wrong.
    I'd rather get a big chunk of hash for a headache anytime before I go takin excedrins, at least then I can sleep!
    It's illegal because the world has travelled along the road of drug war for so long, and it's going to be hard to make the exit to legalization. I believe it will end up either one of four things..

1. We will see it prescribed by doctors to medical patients.
    2. It will be decriminalized in certain amounts, not legalized.
    3. It will be sold like cigarettes and alcohol are sold.
    4. All of the above, in no order.

2. Maybe it's cuz it smells awesome, just a thought. SHUT UP. who are you anyways?

3. THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO GOOD REASON TO KEEP IT ILLEGAL:

The marijuana prohibition was enacted in 1937, just 3 years after the alcohol prohibition was lifted. The government pretty much passed the marijuana law because they needed another way to control people. After failing with the alcohol prohibition, they tried a new popular drug, marijuana, favorite of the Mexican workers and Black jazz musicians. At the time, people were glad to be ridden of the gang wars of the 1920's and 30's, so they went with most of what the government said. Now a days though, once again gangs are in the business of selling illegal drugs and settling territorial disputes with violence, just as they did during the 1930's. Instead of the white or Italian gangs of the 30's now we have black and hispanisck gangs, as well as the reminents of gang's (mafia) started during the alcohol prohibition! We faced the same problems in the 30's. Didn't anyone notice that the drive-by shootings in Chicago stopped when they repealed alcohol prohibition? I always wondered why I had to take history class, my teachers said, "So we don't have the same violence that happened in the past repeat itself." The real problem today is not having learned from history, we are now repeating it with marijuana on a significantly greater scale. Today the marijuana prohibition cause far more crime than marijuana ever could. Largely because of gangs fighting over turf and cash, not becuase some-one smoking a bowl and going off. What I personally think the main reason why marijuana isn't legal yet, is that the government has too big an ego to say that they were wrong. It was a huge mistake to place marijuana in the same scheduling classification as cocaine and herion etc. All of this time thinking we are the greatest country in the world has gone to our leaders heads, and when the USA is wrong, it will take a long time for them to admit it. Look how long it took to remove our troops from Vietnam.
    http://www.njweedman.com/10reasons2legalize.html

4. Like everyone one knows. Weed would be legal if the government could figure out how to tax it.. Its all about making money for are govt.. its not about what the people what because if it was it would have been legalizated..at one time in the 1920's it was legal..along with all sorts of drugs...Past Presidents were known to smoke weed..and the smokers really didnt have kind of problems

Lets say weed is legal.. BE logic.. There gonna ban all the really good pot..

Prob K.B,nugs,Ariz Gold ..

So even if it does get legalizated..they prob only allow less potent plants..

Like Shwag and really low quality trees...

5. weed is illegal simply for the fact that the governmentis too proud to admit that nothing would change with legalizing and they want to show 'the american public' that they do ALL the right things, including keeping a so-called 'drug' illegal.