Why is there very little for teenagers to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hazed, Mar 23, 2006.

1. lol u hav pretty much described my weekends as well man haha... ive been thinkin lately to do some fun things but ya everything costs fucking money nowadays so im thinkin soon of seein imax movies or me and some buds blazin up and goin to this huge ass lazer tag place in Framingham MA...

2. Things are always better in the past. "I miss the 90's.. No the 80's... Man, I wish I could go back in time and experience highschool again".. Its said all the time.

I opened my eyes and saw into the future. I saw, and understood that when I'm on my deathbed, I'm going to be thinking back about my life... And I dont want to worry about stuff. I dont want to have wasted my life.

So, I decided to live for today, forgot about tomorrow (its a KMK song), and lifes been great ever since.

3. We have the same problem here in San Diego (believe it or not). Most of the people at my school do drugs because they are bored and have nothing else to do. The only way to pass time is to smoke buds and just chill. Weekdays are the worst because no one does anything and I end up just sitting at home all day. Most weekends are entertaining cuz theres usually a couple parties every fri and sat night.

4. I remember what that was like, that's one of the reason's my husband and I plan to set up a video/ music/ game room where we have a theater system, video games (console and arcade type), full surround sound hooked up to a stero, dance floor, lights, pool table, all kinds of things, we want the entertainment room where all the neighborhood kids want to come over to OUR house to hang out... LoL... But the kids aren't allowed over until we meet the parents... The best way to find out what kind of kid is hanging out with yours is to meet their parents/gardians, IMO.

Same goes for dateing... When our daughter wants to go out on a date witha little boy, then the boy and his parent's/gardians are going to have to come over for dinner and meet us. Then and only then will we discuss her going out alone with that young man. I know it sounds strict, but we have our reasons for it... anyways, I feel for you, because when I was younger, and in florida it was the same old thing for us too... it's not like Tampa is so close to a beach, I mean yeah, but a decent one... no, and that get's old after a while anyways... I remember some of my friends and I used to walk down bayshore blvd. and look at all the houses just for something to do... how dumb is that! LoL...

It doesn't really get much better when you get older... I'm not really a club goer, myself, so even at 24 I'm still pretty much in the same position... of course, there's REALLY nothing to do here In Oklahoma... We did get a good layer of snow last night... the most we've gotten all winter... LoL...

~ Terpsichore

5. Life doesn't get more exciting when you're older... parties are the same, people become less friendly and your friends start to drop off until you're left with just a few people, and you still don't do jack shit but sit around and play cards or go to a bar. It's the same shit as when you're younger, stuff doesn't just open up to you when you turn 21, except for bars, but hell, if you've waited until you're 21 to drink you're rare.

I guess I'm saying is, if you want to new shit to happen you have to make it happen, it's never going to just fall into you're lap, and there's no reason to wait for it to happen.

6. Haha, I work at the theatre in my hickass town-- free movies, popcorn and drinks..:)

My town is pretty pathetic... people go to walmart to hang out- that's how fucking boring my town is.

Toke on, my friends. :D

7. most kids around here just sit in like a kens parking lot all day lol, i only live in a town with 26,000 people but o well

8. Shiet, We usually take off in somebodys ride. Smoke bud, Bump the sub's like always. Its always fun tho. Long as im high and i cant hear nothing but deep deep thumping bass. Passin around the herb.

Or chillin with my girl, Dosent matter what we do. Go to her crib, My crib, A homies crib. Go somewhere to chill and watch the detroit river. Drive all around dont matter.

Thats what we do most, Is jus crusie. Crusin thru the hood.

9. dude i hate that fucking cycle its always in the winter too when u cant go outside too cold....and like my friends parents still give them money too do things my parents r like fuck you ur 18 earn ur own living and ive been trying for a job for a while but no openings right now........i donno and id rather just spend my money on weed not a movie....and i mean when i have a GF i just have sex all the time and smoke pot but she like isnt into smoking so im at a loss its always one or the other and i can NEVER DECIDE

10. In the winter we always cruise arround hot boxing the car. I got some nice subs and strobes, neons and a black light so it's pretty chill crusing arround smoking weed. Not many cops in my neighborhood either so you can race a buddy arround a little while without seeing a soul and have fat sessions with no one pulling up on you (except other stoners who know the smoking spots).

We sometimes party out at this gravel pit too, we have big fires and tear arround in the icey open part of the gravel pit. We have video from inside my buddies bronco going allong this narrow dirt road covered in a sheet of ice crashing into a snow bank at 120km/h. The truck was fine (for some reason). i guess all the energy got used to spin it into the other snow bank and into a few circles. Same night we jumped it in a parking lot on this little sudden incline that turns into a jump past 80km/h. (78' broncos are indestructable).

We always can find something fun to do. Just improvise and hope for the best.

11. sorry hazed, but its not just teenagers that have nothing to do. im 38 years old and theres nothing i can do that you cant. except drink legally. and thats not something to look forward to being able to do. roll up a pack of joints and go on an adventure. do something youve never done, no matter how much you think you will dislike it , and talk to some people you dont even know, old , young , male , female. it doesnt matter just try somthing different. it doesnt have to be groundhog day everyday. have fun + +rep.

12. shit my late teen years were great, i met chill ppl from across the country, i did sick things, i got in great shapei went to a shitload of countries and i did 1 combat tour. if i could change anything i would have gone to iraq instead of afghan. anyway, just wait till youre 21, life does get better from there....

13. lets face it, unless your rich, life prtty much sucks

14. i totally agree and disagree at the exact same time...it's weird

15. i dont have any money. but i am rich. i got my girl, job, weed, and my buds on gc forum.lol

16. I'll be 21 in august.

Really, the only difference between my social lief in high school, and my social life now, is that now we hang out our own places, as opposed to at our parents' houses. Oh. And there's weed. There wasn't weed in high school.

17. fuck it ima buy a QP instead of repairing my CAR

thats how you fuckin do it. plus some stoners on myspace contacted me so were meeting to share our goods.. hopefully I can finally have someone not half-retarded to pack bowls while I drive, im sick of how uncautious and obnxious most peeps around here are, and how they try to pinch whenever they can , etc

thats prob why I smoke by myself 80% of the time :)

18. man, when we're 40 we're gonna be ultra bored, cuz u'll do the same shit everyday, go to work, come home to kids, pay bills, watch tv, go to sleep n wakeup to another day

19. Hazed, I'm in the same situation as you. Smoke, drive, eat, smoke. Gets pretty boring after a while... except for the smoking. I used to live in Southern CA by the beach and we used to go to the beach for fun, there was always someone you knew there. Oh well.

20. this is my normal week

mon and tues:

wake up, go to school, get out a 3, hang out and play video game wioth friends

wen-fri

wake up, got to school, work at 4, out at 8-10 (resturant), go home HW (cept fri.- go get fucked up)

weekend:

wake up round 12, eat, shower, go to work, go out (sat) go home (sun)

there is seriously nothing to do in my town. theres: a school, tiny grocery store, tiny library, couple gas stations and mini marts, couple resturants. thats it, and there are 26 kids in my graduating class.