Why is The Boondock Saints popular?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jdahms, Nov 18, 2011.

1. I liked it but I took it for what it was; it was an entertaining action movie, that's about it. I definitely agree that some people try to make it out to be the modern day Citizen Cane or something, and that's just hilarious. It wasn't awful but it certainly wasn't anything special.

2. I've always really enjoyed this movie :confused_2:

3. I'd like to kick the fucking living shit out of whoever let this comment go through! Whoever tries to state their opinion as a fact is smokin some crazy stuff, man!

I love Boondock Saints. Fun movie. One of my favorites. :cool:

4. You should be directing your hate towards the second movie. If this thread was about that movie I would be agreeing with you 100%.

The first one was simply a fun action movie. Nobodies making it out to be a masterpiece of film that should be displayed for the world to see.

Its pointless to hate on something just because of how much other people like it.

5. That's pretty much what I wanted to say, but I couldn't find the words cause I was so baked.

6. #46 Jdahms, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
    Never said you shouldn't enjoy it. You can enjoy steven segal B movies or an eddie murphy movie in the same way you would enjoy boondock saints.

Im not hating on it. if you read all my posts you would see that ive said its an alright b movie. This thread is more to find out why the fuck so many people think its one of the best movies ever. There is a reason why every film critic hates this movie.

and...

7. The reason why is because it not about lesbians or angsty teenagers. Most film critics are douchebags.

8. I didnt even know who the director was until your post. I guess I should say I like the way it feels. Like how it was shot and all. Im not a film major. Fuck off.

And I ignore those plot holes. Every movie has them.

9. I thought it was a great movie. Defoe did a great acting job as the detective. It was one of those movies that made fun of itself sorta in a subtle way. I think OP overlooked that and misinterpreted what it was going for.

10. And then theres this

[​IMG]

11. I thought that the film was a great action film when I was 15, nowadays not so much. Still better than Transformers though.

12. #52 Jdahms, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    What the hell are you even talking about. Good movies get good reviews. A movie that gets ignored by literally everyone in the industry is probably not a good movie.

Boondock saints gets a 17% on RT.
    Reservoir dogs (a movie shot with the same style, but with a plot that makes sense and a good director) gets a 96%.

no you?

I think you are misinterpreting what duffy was going for. Just watch Overnight if you want to know what he was trying to do.

13. You need to chill out bro. I love this movie, and apparently so did alot of others. Just let an opinion be an opinion and stop bitching. What...you think Duffy is gonna read your thread and personally apologize to you that you didnt like his movie? No. so just chill and dont watch the fucking movies. And honestly???? One of the WORST movies......you might be over reacting just a tad.

14. no, the worst movie in the fucking world is The Room

Cloverfield comes in second.

and movie critics are fuckin' stupid. actually all critics are stupid in general.

15. Meh I thought it was ok.

16. its a discussion thread on a discussion forum. :confused:

and yes it is one of the worst ive seen. I dont watch bad movies.

17. I could not agree with the OP more.

For years i've gotten bashed on for not liking this movie. For years i've gotten "wtf" looks because I said I just couldn't find the "awesome" in it.

FINALLY! SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!!! I was so appalled that it got a sequel.