*why* Is Thc Psychoactive?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by SicilianStyle, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Probably because the plant cannabis needs to express it's true feelings by people smoking it. When you are high, you are a plant. Wait, hwat? If you consumed something that was 100% THC, maybe you would be a plant. 

well DMT is in our brains too, and in a lot of plants. maybe the toads, since they're related to water-borne frogs that wear poison on the outside and stuff, found their experience to be more groovy with DMT on the outside where it's exposed directly to the environment

3. It is primarily thought to be a natural defense against herbivores, most animals don't really like the feeling of the high or the effect it gives them because it decreases their ability to look for food, defend themselves (or flee), or any other functions for surviving in nature. Now cannabis has started to produce more thc than before because humanity, it has found that the more thc it can produce it will stay in peoples gardens, or some humans will kill genetic lines that won't produce in order to make room for genetic lines that will. The growers will then cross them with other strains that also have higher production for a population of seeds that will then be planted and the cycle will repeat. For your question on why it works with humans is because we don't need to survive in the wild, so instead of the intoxication being a danger (no hate mail, weed isn't dangerous. predators that pounce on stoners are dangerous) we can sit back and enjoy it.

4. It has THC in it so we can all smoke it and get high

5. #25 BeanyBud, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013

dude all the toads with psychoactive compounds are trippy  
    especially cause you can either smoke it or Inhale it
    the difference is smoking it is more of a short journey and inhaling it is a long trip :eek:

6. #26 theratdude64, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    I've heard you can skin them and use the skin cracker. Or you can keep Em alive too can't you? Would make for an interesting pet haha

[​IMG]
    Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. It's just one of those brilliant coincidences, like why do we have a whole range of psychedelic drugs growing in deserts, forests and now the science lab.  Why do we have the ability to create laptops, tvs and the internet from the natural habitat on earth, why also do we have the right elements to travel in to space and maybe one day migrate from this inevitable dying planet.  Why do we have conscious life in an otherwise meaningless universe.  Why is there something instead of nothing.  Depends where your faith lies I guess.

8. yeah you can buy them online and just keep using them ,though i think that's fucked up cause you're just using the creature but yeah it would make a hell of a pet

9. now thats deep!! maybe were smoking a plants brain...

get real dude, how you gonna come up with an ignorant conclusion like that? yeah it's entirely random that a mindaltering tool like that exists

yeah and psychedelics make you trip for no reason...

Agreed, but what if the person develops a great pet relationship with it?  I know people that have really grumpy pets that they love lol.  

My friend's grandma has an 86+ Year old Desert Tortuous that has been in the family for over 40 years, they are good to have because he's been around so long that it was before laws about him.  They're not "using" him, but he sure is a grumpy ass that they absolutely love haha

12. Why do molecules do what they do to our brains? At the end of the day, it's just sequences of mainly Carbons, Hydrogens and Oxygens, except depending on how these come together they can have totally different effects. 
    Has science discovered an answer to why atoms/molecules have the effect they do?

13. Receptors/messenger.we can trace where the molecules go,their pathways, and effects

ya but alcohol is man-made, you have to go through a procedure to make it intoxicating, same with cocaine. but THC is totally natural and can be digested by some animals, and it has the same structure as anandamide in the brain, whereas alcohol just raises the toxicity of your blood. 

one is natural, the other isn't, so the functions are obviously different, and so are the advantages

dude you just gave me a whole new perspective on it ,yeah maybe you could have symbiotic relationship with it

16. ya but alcohol is man-made, you have to go through a procedure to make it intoxicating, same with cocaine. but THC is totally natural and can be digested by some animals, and it has the same structure as anandamide in the brain, whereas alcohol just raises the toxicity of your blood.

one is natural, the other isn't, so the functions are obviously different, and so are the advantages
    </blockquote>
    Alcohol is not man made. It's made by tiny microscopic lifeforms that are billions of years old.

17. yeah but its still refined by people, and those are really different from plant life 

18. dude you just gave me a whole new perspective on it ,yeah maybe you could have symbiotic relationship with it
    </blockquote>
    Haha I'm glad :) I don't usually have deep thoughts ... But when I do, lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

yeah but WHY do specefic atoms, and specefic structures of atoms have the effects that they do on receptors? What is it about the special sequence of C,H and O atoms in THC has the effect it does???

if you get what i mena

20. get real dude, how you gonna come up with an ignorant conclusion like that? yeah it's entirely random that a mindaltering tool like that exists

yeah and psychedelics make you trip for no reason...
    </blockquote>
    That's how evolution works.

Its proven science

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app