Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why is shake bad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Timdog, Nov 13, 2009.

1. I know that shake is supposed to be bad, but why exactly? What if it's dank shake, shouldn't it be as potent as dank buds?

2. Shake is like the crumbs at the bottom of a cereal bag. It's still okay, you'll still eat/smoke it. But it's not as good as the bowl of cereal was. Shake contains ganja that has become detached from the actual buds, this is usually the least potent weed, the more its handled or moved the more its potency it can loose. It also contains the majority of seeds and usually stems.

Remember this

FSGB

Fluffy.Sticky.Green.Buds

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks for the quick reply. I've never bought shake and usually only get headies (that's actually about all that's available on my campus :eek:) but I was still wondering what the reasoning for it not being as potent.

4. It all depends, like ive smoked shake from dank, essentially it is just as potent. However the main ordeal is that it has a lot of stems in it which is taking away from the potentness that is why it is cheaper. It can be as potent just a lot of stems to take out.

5. because usually shake contains more little leaves and shit that won't get you as high. Whereas the buds contain more potency. Also, when you look at a bag of shake, it's not as easy to tell what kind of bud or the quality of it. So when selling, it's less appealing, but if you get a bag of dank shake with not many leaves, i'd say its just as good as unbroken bud...

6. Lets hope not.. lol

OP.. with shake it varies.. some people will use the word shake* for different things.. If im going to buy an oz of good shake then I want it to be bits of the buds, not a buncha leaves n trimmings. Ive been disappointed by some clubs advertising shake for real cheap then its mostly leaves.. and you dont want that.. but if you can find some good shake for cheap(its usually alott cheaper) then go for it.. If I find good deals on dank shake I take it..

• Like Like x 1
  7. It shouldnt have alot of stems if it came from dank weed cuz when you smoke nugs you take em off the stems and dispose em, unless you get lots of extra stems thrown into your bag of dank nugs ...When I buy dank* shake I never get stems..

8. Shake is great for making canna butter or rolling joints. In a pinch it's better than resin - which I won't smoke at all.

I get an ounce of shake for like $40-50 and make cannabutter.

9. these guys dont know what theyre talking about
    shake to me is the small parts that fell off the bud, and if you arent too high tec, includes all the kief..
    this makes the shake better than the actual bud
    plus its easy to throw in blunts

when i buy small amounts (eights/quarters) i break it all down, remove seeds/stems so its easier to roll quicker

• Like Like x 1
  10. i have no problem with shaky bags because my guy always says ahead of time its gunna be mostly shake but dont worry it will be hooked up nice and it always is ive gotten 3.8 eights and like 1.3 grams so i dont mind it at all and its not really shaky ass shake its usually been like just a bunch of little ass nugs

11. it seems to me that it's about the same, you just don't have to grind it when you get it.

12. It's usually older weed and many hands have touched it one point or another

13. Many reasons, like this dude said, older weed, many hands have prob touched it. due to being in shake form, it dries out quicker and thus can be dry and smoke harshly.

14. I am going to call all you dumb shits out.

SHAKE is fucking awesome! When you dipshits crumble up your buds to roll into a joint, or even a bowl, there are crumbs. Those crumbs/shake is what you are looking for in the first place. Just a bit finer (oxymoron) for fuck tards bitching about shake.

There is 0 (ZERO) fucking difference. It is all the same weed. It just burns smoother since it is more "fine".

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just an FYI most dispensaries (unless stated otherwise) use the shake to make pre-rolls, it's what you'd find on the bottom of a lb jar or oz. It doesn't mean it's less quality but most people like full on buds, shake can just be crumbled up bits of dank bud. Now if it's leafy thats different. But at shops in cali the shake from the bottom of a jar they were selling dank from is no different than the nug really. It would definitely require some inspection but I've had plenty of shake that was as dank as the bud it's came from.

16. Yup 100% on the money.

17. #17 CarterCannabis, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    If shake is so awesome, and everyone is so stupid, go to your dealer and tell him you want to buy all of his shake at a higher rate than bud.
    He will laugh at you (but he WILL sell it to you). Shake is more than likely leaf.. As the bud cures it dies off and crumbles first because it's not attached like the cola is packed together. The cola is loaded with trichomes, where the calyx's chill at. Shake, usually being leaf, lacks the density of these trichomes. When it breaks off and becomes shake, the trichomes probably loosen up more (more dry) and fall off of said shake, making it less desirable..

Are you really comparing shake and grinded weed? Lol.

Silly.

"The world is in your hands,
    Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 1
  18. Long story short = same weed.

19. I would FUCKING LOVE IT if my weed came as shake. I hate busting that up into "particles fine enough to burn". I could care less how pretty the bud is. So much easier to smoke when in a powder form.

20. And those pre rolls are much cheaper than if it were filled with grinded nugs. It would be much more money. In Colorado last 4/20, those gram (atleast) pre rolls were $4.20, while a gram of bud (not rolled up for you) was atleast $10.

If shake was the same thing, they wouldn't discount the joints that they roll FOR you.

If it was top shelf, rolled for you, you would expect it to be much more. That's just from a business perspective.

"The world is in your hands,
    Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 1