Why is Santa Claus "not real"?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 420neverforget, Dec 6, 2012.

1. I don't understand why some think he never existed. Regardless of whether you get Christmas presents or not, he's a historical figure. It's like saying Caesar or Hannibal never existed. I think people are just trying too hard to be negative about Christmas that they ignore common sense.

2. #2 Crane Game, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
    The modern idea of a fat dude dropping presents down a chimney while travelling with his flying reindeer is not real. There's the whole St. Nick thing that's probably true but honestly I feel Santa clause is a completely different entity. People have distorted the image too much to really call them the same thing.

Edit: wait is this about the Jesus thread? If so I feel stupid.

3. i see what you did there

4. What Jesus thread?
    Did what?
    Checkmate non-believers.

5. He's a bearded judgmental bastard, just like Jesus.

6. This thread is worded almost exactly like that jesus thread..

7. Santa isn't real???:cry:

8. Is this the result of people showing atheists evidence of Jesus' existence in the other thread? A troll thread..? lol

9. He did exsist but he didn't fly or have elfs or anything, can't explain now be back in a little

10. Santa Claus does not ride reindeers , he rode DINOSAURS! He rides a pterodactyl that happens to have a red nose ,which created this whole misunderstanding of a red nosed reindeer, because that's just plain silly.

11. Here is some of the evidence I have compiled over the year:

Reindeer means dinosaur:
    [​IMG]
    Santa has problems
    [​IMG]

12. Don't feel stupid. This is actually a great post whether you realize it or not.