Why is RooR so expensive?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Toosick, Nov 6, 2010.

1. They charge like $300 for simple beaker bottom tubes that are like 14". I think it's ridiculous to pay that much for a 14" tube with no percs, no ice notches (I may be wrong here, didn't look that closely) and a normal undiffused downstem.

2. I paid $300 straight for my Rasta Label straight tube Roor, with ice notches. Reason I didn't mind paying so much is because of how the bong works. First of all the down-stem is greatly manufactured, it has 8 slits and a smaller whole at the end(bottom). Secondly it's the most fast clearing bong I've ever hit in my life! You don't have to strain your lungs trying to clear the whole bong of all the smoke. I'm in love with my baby and wouldn't have it any other way, Roors are the way to go in my opinion. :wave:

3. Show me where you saw this for sale. You're exagerating prices a bit, and are wrong about features.

4. Having smoked from china glass, roors, no-names from local people and any other glass thats come my way the biggest difference I've noticed between them all is the price. Now I'm a bit partial to vaporizers myself, so perhaps I'm not noticing some great difference that merits the price.

5. I was wrong on the height. They're 18" tubes on ALT.

6. Borosilicate glass, unmatched quality control, pattened diffuser, and finally, the label it's self. Plain and simple.

7. illadelph>roor

8. Why are Rolls Royce's so expensive? Quality.

Same case here

9. RooR is expensive because it is quality control (perfect smoke everytime) dragless and etc made by quality glass and blowers = more money

i dont own one but knowing heady to china is easy but i prefer smoking out of cheap pipes because i dont have to worry about 300+ going down the drain. (even though i never broke a piece)

10. i have nothing against roors,

150 for the bong 150 for the label

they get the prestige for quality

and being innovators of glass on glass

a tad bit pricey but its not like they dont perform well :smoke:

11. #11 mr lahey, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
    I don't personally have one, but I've hit them. They are really high quality bongs. Sure, some of it is the name, but think about it like this:

All cars get you from A to B. Some people drive Geo Metros, some drive Honda Accords, some drive Mercedes. The differences are in the small details. You also end up paying for the name. You drop that amount of cash and you know that you are going to get super high quality. If you go cheap, who knows how good/shitty it will be.

12. K let's review. I completely and wholey understand backing up a 300$ piece of glass purchase, when people spend a whole damn lot of money on something that isn't easily justifiable to be worth it they will find any reason to try to justify the purchase as to avoid buyer's remorse.

Now, I have a 18" straight tube I bought. With 6 diffuser slits for the downstem and an ice catcher. The piece was 80 bucks. It clears as if I was breathing in air, why? Because it's a straight tube, less water, less percs, less drag. Simple as that, the price and thickness of your glass makes ZERO difference to that. Also, 8 diffuser slits or 6, it doesn't matter. If you actually look closely the very last slits arent even being filtered through in most cases as the smoke isn't under so much pressure/suction that it gets pulled down that far- my stem uses mostly the top 4 out of the 6. Also water absolutely does no filtering of anything whatsoever, all it does is cool the smoke to the temperature of the water. (Yet another reason that extra percs are useless since once it goes through the first batch of water the rest ain't doing anything else) But it's cool, if you feel expensive smoking out of something that cost as much as a PS3 then that's all the more power to you. Peace.

13. This. If you've ever stepped foot into a car like this, or even a BMW, you'll soon realize that you get your moneys worth. You'll get the same feeling when you unpackage your Roor and enjoy it day to day.

14. How much do perc'd RooRs go for? And I may just save up like $450 and have my buddy in NY bring me back a Toro that's percd. NY is the Toro capital right?

15. RooR is overpriced, you're paying for the name. Yes the German RooRs are quality pieces, but they're overpriced.

16. If it came with that downstem it's probably fake.

No Roor has been made with that style of diffuser for years. Only a very short run of Roor.us had the dcut diffusers.

17. RooR percs are fucking retarded. I was at my LHS and I saw they had a few. And to my complete shock, they were close bottom percs.

Closed percs? on a fucking RooR? and people shit all over other brands for not having open ended percs, and here is the god of bongs, RooR, with closed percs.

I didnt even bother looking at the price, because my LHS stocks Pure brand bongs, and sells them for 300 bucks. SO god only knows how much more over priced the RooR is gonna be.

18. I recently bought a RooR with two five arm percs and both percs are open at the bottom.

I paid $475 for it.

19. honestly, roors are really nice. that being said you can always find great quality for lower prices at your local headshop. get to know the people there and they will always hook you up.

20. overpriced