Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Is My Weed Staining My Fingers Blue?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sapphirefourteen, Aug 11, 2014.

1. #1 sapphirefourteen, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    I was told leaving a piece of tortilla inside your weed baggie would help the bud stay softer and potent. So when I noticed my nug was getting a bit dry and frail I put a small piece of tortilla inside its baggie and accidentally left it there for almost 3 days. Today when I went to my stash I noticed the baggie was almost completely stained from the inside in a greenish-blue color. I opened the bag and then saw the tortilla completely stained the same color with small fuzz all around. When I got the tortilla out it stained my fingers blue. The bud did not stain my fingers on contact. In addition, the weed's scent was almost entirely gone and the bud itself felt soft, like cotton, to the touch.
    I am wondering if this means this weed is not smokeable anymore.
    Can anyone help?
    SN: I moved the nug to a clean baggie.

2. I dont see how you get a tortilla to mold but you did. I keep tortillas for months and never have them mold.

Smoke the weed before you rot it.

3. have you never seen mold before? why would you dig through that and even think you could smoke it

dont let tortillas rot in your bag, are you 14? 

4. Well is it safe to smoke or wouldn't risk it?

5. mold man. tortilla?  really dont worry about it

6. That weed hasn't spent anytime in a chemical toilet has it?

7. Okay, well I won't be trying that again!
    I appreciate everyone's help!

8. yeah the last guy musta been out of tortillas.... :laughing:

9. i wouldnt recommend using food to keep bud moisturized... check out these boveda RH packs it keeps the humidity perfectly in balance

http://www.bovedainc.com/store/herbal/boveda-60g/

10. Please slap whoever told you to put tortilla in with your bud.

If you're young, chances are you will be alright toking a little, but bear in mind - mould is not good for you so avoid if you have health conditions (esp respitory conditions).

11. Tortillas? I've heard of orange, lemon, banana peels, and lettuce (I use lettuce, no smell), but never anything other than.

12. Now you are supposed to roll up using the tortilla.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I thought you were supposed to use an orange peel to restore moisture

14. Uh no, smoking mold can kill you. Ive smoked moldy bud before and had a grumble in my lungs for 3 months.

Enter The Grape Train!

15. This thread made me think of Pablo Francisco's little tortilla boy skit..

16. #16 camacho77, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    A tortilla, of all things.

I was always told that if you must remoisturize your bud, use a tiny piece of damp cotton.

I never mess with my bud personally though. If it's dry, it doesn't bother me enough to risk molding it.

17. It sounds like some weird shit if it's staining your fingers blue

18. #19 Sgt.ButtSniff, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    Use moldy tortillas to wipe your ass, shits like 6 plys.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Grasscity Forum mobile app