Why is my hairline already receding!? I'm only 18?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Dannyscott, Jan 12, 2012.

1. I have a widows peak, and of course thought nothing of losing hair. Though every day I notice seeing a little more skin on the front part of my scalp to the point people are saying they can see a cul-de-sac in the making.

I'm fucking 18. I should retain a full head of hair. It cannot be genetic because all men on every side of the family have huge tufts and fancy big hair. Which is why my receding hairline is a mystery.

This is not me but represents the direction i'm going in probably the next 3-4 years if this keeps up.

[​IMG]

Its scaring the shit out of me because my mother was always said when I was young, "just like your father and grandfather you have the same gorgeous pompadour style hair" Quite a surprise when I lifted up the center front tuft of hair and saw a lot of scalp to the point she was almost in tears.

I'm considering rogain, but I want to hear options in my case because obviously its not normal for kids to be taking hair growth products.

On another note I am a hairy hairy man, I swear it pops out of my head and squirms out other places.

2. Thank your genetics. Nice full hair must have skipped
    over a generation. Better start looking into Rogain or
    hair restoration. :/

3. It's possible, look at Wayne Rooney.

4. Your gonna be rich

5. I'm 18 and I'm already there :-( it'll all probably be completely gone in 3-4 years.

Just accept it. You can't beat it lol

6. I'm in the same boat TC, if you wear hats or anything stop immediately. that'll just speed up the hair loss. ive been buzzing my head, but i decided to try minoxidil and biotin tablets and have been seeing little hairs starting to form where it was previously bald. good luck, going bald at a young age sucks ass

7. #7 Dannyscott, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012

Yea I don't usually ever wear hats, I do let sunglasses rest apon my head. that's it though. However I want you to tell me more about these minoxidil and biotin tablets or whatever else you may have tried to keep it up.

Hell no, just like my grandfather on his 9th heart attack, I never give up even though my body tells me otherwise.

Thanks haha I did, he got hair transplants though. But hes a signed and famous athlete he has the money for that. I don't think I'm going to get any kind of surgery to my head unless I wake up and notice all my hair on the floor next to me one morning.

8. Happy to help bro, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Minoxidil-Inhibitor-Treatment-Professionally-Formulated/dp/B003CHYPCW/ref=sr_1_3?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1326339432&sr=1-3"]Minoxidil with azelaic acid[/ame] I researched it for a while before trying, and i'd advise you to do the same. some people have reported some unwanted side effects but it took about 3 weeks before i saw the hair growing in. You just apply it twice a day to the balding area, and thats it. Its really oily and takes a while to rub in, but other then that i dont have anything else bad to say about it. But once again be sure to read reviews, and do your research. Everyone is different ya know? Also Biotin is an important B-vitamin that helps support strong hair, and nails. the biotin made my hair grow super fast, especially my facial hair. lol. I have also read about another type of pill you can take for hair regrowth called nioxin tablets. I haven't had a chance to try those but ive heard and read great things about them.. also the last thing you van use to help is SAW Palmetto and Emu Oil shampoo. You can also find this on amazon. its been reported to help with hair loss, and i believe it helped with my regrowth. sorry for the jumbled post im pretty blazed.

9. Don't worry OP, it happens to the best of us. This is my head, 19 years old.

[​IMG]

10. If it makes you feel any better I have really thick full hair.

11. [​IMG]

It tends to skip a generation.

I feel for you man, just wear hats alot haha

12. Haha I do too :p

My brother got my dad's really thin hair which recedes then just stops there, really thin.

Mine hasn't receded (yet [knock on wood]). But my mother's father still has hair and he's... 70 something. My dad's father also had full hair when he died.

So I don't think I'll go bald or recede this late.

13. Well there's no guarantees with genetics but my grandpa was the same, he didn't lose his hair until chemo :( and afterwards he grew it back.

14. you inherit male pattern baldness from your mom's dad.
    Im not sure if that s the kind that starts in the back or front though. I know if i ever have a son's hes gonna be F***** because my dad started losing his hair at 19 and was mostly bald by 23. Good thing he got my mom to marry him at 18 lol

15. I heard this, I think it's bullshit. My mom's Dad was completely bald by his early 20's. I'm pushing 26 and I still have a full head of hair.

God I dont even know what I would do if I went bald. I mean im ugly enough to begin with lol.

16. Its probably STRESS that's destroying your hairline. Take Biotin, You can get it at any vitamin shop. Take everyday so you can your restore your hairline.

17. wtaf! im 15 years of age and i already have a very noticeable receader! what should i do?:confused:

18. Blame your daddy, you can go for the shaved head look. Anything is better than that squirrel Trump keeps on his head..

19. Nothing you can do. Same thing happening with me. Use rogaine and propecia...they work but you risk losing your libido permanently.

20. Mine's started receding, I'm 23. The male pattern baldness gene is on your X chromosome, so it comes from your mother's side of the family. If mom's dad was a cue ball at thirty, good chance you will be too. Stress and high testosterone levels can contribute to hair loss as well.

Not much you can do. Enjoy having hair while you have it, and once it's gone just accept it (no comb-overs :p). Make sure you're getting enough vitamins and such, deficiencies can lead to hair loss. There's always Rogaine, but I'm not sure what side effects it can have, or if it's even worth a damn. And find some cool hats :D