Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Is My Body Freaking Out?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 634753, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Before I begin, yes I did search for threads like this, but didn't get any good answers and it feels that only I have experienced these symptoms.

Well, I smoked a joint a 2 days ago as usual, when I got some sort of panic attack. My chest felt heavy, I had loss of feeling on my hands and face (not numbness), adrenaline rushing, a zoned out feeling, fuzziness all over my body (not in a good way), weird feelings in my head that I've never felt before and a strange feeling as if I was going to pass out. I thought it might be low blood pressure, but I've already ruled that out.

Last night, I tried to smoke a small bit of my joint again, carefully because I was expecting this feeling to happen again, and it did. It wasn't as bad (probably because I smoked a quarter of my joint) and I didn't have any adrenaline that time, but I still got these weird symptoms. I've smoked for over a year and never had any problems with weed until very recently.

Also, I've been used to vaping, and recently got back to smoking joints about a week ago, and all was fine until 2 days ago. I even feel that this feeling isn't totally gone when I'm sober, which has me believing it might not be weed's fault, as getting high amplifies what you feel, taste, etc.

It feels similar to low blood pressure, as I've had that before in the past, although never caused by weed. It's not exactly like low blood pressure, it feels a lot worse, and this has happened to me three times in a row (2 days ago, the first time, yesterday the second, and later that night to see if it would come again).

Right now I'm not touching weed and drinking a lot of water to try and clear my head. Can someone explain what's wrong? I'm positive it's not dehydration or low blood pressure (atleast not completely).

I'm freaking out... :confused:

(Also one last thing, I've smoked daily for over a year without any problems at all, so I highly doubt that weed isn't for me.)

2. I've also looked through and followed the guide on here about panic attacks, but none of those things are working, and the majority of my symptoms aren't listed there.

3. it really seems like a mild panic attack. i have GAD and my attacks are similar to yours. maybe its the strain your using, some affect me negatively.

4. Maybe it's laced.

5. It's not a case of maybe. Phone an ambulance immediately! Would 2Pac lie to you? Hell no.

6. #6 Deleted member 634753, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    It's not laced, I've been smoking the same strain for a month and this started very recently.

Also it doesn't happen immediately. I'm enjoying my high then it suddenly hits me.

7. It's an anxiety attack, I used to get them alot, doctor gave me some tablets now they rarely happen.

8. Did the attacks trigger on their own or with weed? I do feel wierd even hours after the attack, but it seems to always trigger when I'm high.

9. Your not the only one bro, I was starting to think i was haha .

A bit of background first...
    I've smoked for over 3 years now, been a daily user for about year & half, happy times :)

All tough I think this incedent was unrelated, It would seem my trouble started when i was visting the dam at the start of december (My 3rd trip and i used to live in the Netherlands so its not a you couldn't handle the strength thing) Basically i had a blood suger level crash and passed out, a friendly staff member in the cafe explained it and that it was very common so I dont think this is a big deal (I had been drinking heavily the day & night before, was over tiered, dehydrated and hadent really eaten anything... asking for it really lol)

So after that, smoking again and its all good, a few weeks go by and im in my room, just smoked a fat bong and i'm about to head to bed, my dad comes in my room asking me to call a ambulance, he's having pain all over his body (I didnt know what the fuck was going on, turns out he was having a heart attack, he just wasnt having the normal symptoms), im fine telling him to keep calm and take deep breaths, boom i pass out and smash my face on the floor. Doctors said this was just due to shock and is normal/common in these situations & being hella high wouldn't of helped.

Now when I smoke I get symtoms like you described above, i get a pressure like feeling in my head (temples) , feeling like its a bit difficult to breath, a zoned out feeling, and that weired feeling that i could pass out (The two other times i actually passed out i didnt get any kind of feeling in my head or anything like that before it, it was just sudden) . The worst one i had my legs where twitching pretty bad. I've took almost a months break from smoking and tried again with a small amount and still have the same problem.

From reading into it, our symtoms sound like anxiety attacks, but ive never had any sort of anxiety in my life, im chilled and care free before i smoke, if i just smoke a tiny tiny amount I just get the pressure like feeling in my head and nothing else, and i dont feel high, just genrally horrible.

Someone help us!

10. 1. Take smaller lighter hits, taking huge hits doesn't make you cooler :p (if you haven't already)
    2. Play some relaxing music.
    3. Make sure you drink and eat properly.
    4. If none of these work take a break.
    5. You can do it man, you control your body don't let your fears get into your way!
    6. Good-luck! Wait never mind you don't need luck you got this.

P.S. I had these symptoms happened to me for a while, most caused by stress that I was unaware of.

11. I had the same thing happen to me when I was younger. Except mine was a lot worse cause I was younger and I didn't know.

I would have panic attacks and thought I was feeling a high coming on, but I hadn't smoked so I would freak out cause I was around parents and stuff. It was anxiety but I didn't know, and it really fucked with me, I thought I was crazy or something. It was a pretty horrible time of my life.

Best thing I can say is just chill out, and every time you get nervous, just take a deep breath in, a deep breath out, tell yourself everything is gonna be okay, lay down, cuddle with someone or something if you need to, and just really relax. And remember it'll go away in a while and worrying will only make it worse.

Nothing's wrong with you if it's anxiety, you'll get over it. If weed isn't for you, it just isn't.

12. Well, I've decided to take a month long break from weed to see if I can clear my mind and get back to smoking. I hope this condition isn't permanent... But I'm going to fight and not let this anxiety rule me.

13. This perfectt describes my situation too. It's only when I'm high I feel this too. I guess it's anxiety or something, it feels like low blood pressure but I'm perfectly normal when I go to the doctors. I'm gonna try and get prescribed some medicine for anxiety I guess

14. Trust me it's not gonna work, I've gone on 3 month breaks and the same exact thing happens once I smoke again.

15. So I'm screwed, then? Of all the things I've read about others having the same thing, I have never saw any of them say they recovered from this and could continue smoking...

16. On their own I think. I mean when it started happening I stopped smoking weed because I thought it would help but it didn't, they carried on happening. The doctor gave me pills which seem to work.

17. Wish i could give you some of this Harlequin which is high in cbds and not thc,

this is why weed needs to be legal everywhere

18. sounds like you need a new body bro

19. You should ask a medical professional. You know....someone who can run tests on you and diagnose you.

20. nah one guy above said this happened to him and he took anxiety pills and it all went away. Thats probably what i'll do and also i'll try to raise my blood pressure because it just feels low especially when i smoke