why is miracle grow bad for growing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PurpleDino, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why is it bad and what should i use?
    im a beginner

2. I have seen people use MG products successfully like that liquid tomato fert, but for the most part.... MG soil has to much Nitrogen and will cause nute burn...

3. i've used miricale gro and it sucks dont use it. ive been told that it is made in mexico and it is cheap product. you will have a problem with fungus nats and nute burn and slow growth. go to your local garden place they will have a different brand that they use to plant all there plants. if it works for them it works for you.

4. MG isn't always bad but the rule of thumb is to avoid it.

Most or many MG soils have time release nutes mixed in which will burn young plants and could even burn older plants. You have no control over how or when the nutes release so you are at their mercy.

Other MG products are fine but even then there are better products you can buy so it's not worth it.

MG is generally a cheap product and you get what you pay for.

MG has an organic line that many new users tend to use, which is fine if you don't have easy access to better quality products but odds are you do so why not use them.

Hope that helps.

5. Oh...and as for what you should use.

For Soil the GC favorite is Fox Farm Ocean Forest (FFOF), check their website to find if anyone around you sells it, if they do odds are they will have the entire FF line so you can get nutes and all that too.

6. non sense. i wouldnt use the soil but me and my grower use the plant food because of the nitrogen levels. it reallys makes them grow alot bigger. but hes an expert and clones over 100 plants every yea. we used the higher nitrogen levels first, then we used the higher middle numbers, its called bloom buster, it works really good, and theres another were gonna have to get soon with different numbers. dont use the soil but there plant food is good

7. *facepalm*

Know what you are talking about before you claim what other people say is nonsense.

All grow nutes are higher in nitrogen. All nutes make them grow bigger, that's the point. There are much higher quality brands designed for growing cannabis.

MG will work as long as it isn't time release as I said, but there are better options out there so unless you have to it would be a better idea to get the quality stuff. Not just because it will likely create a better end product, but because they are less likely to burn the plants when used properly.

Some people use all MG even time release soil and have great success, but it's a roll of the dice with MG. And if you are going to be asking for help here the first thing anyone is going to respond with is stop using MG.

8. #8 snowdog, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
    well who would use it when your plant is just sprouting? im talking about clones that are already half way grown and atleast 2 ft high. mg is easily available and you can find it pretty much anywhere. im not saying its the best but its very easy to find. and i was only talking about using there plant food not there soil..

edit- hes used foxfarm the past 2 years and its not that great. if you really want to see high yeild make your own soil from cow sh*t and dig your holes atleast 5/5/3 ft deep

first off hes been growing for over 30 years and hes used basically every kind of fertilizer. im sorry but i think he knows alittle more then you bro. he grows more in a year then you probally have in your life

9. MG is bad in the same way any soil with time-release ferts is. You are giving up control of what your plants eat. It is possible to grow nice plants with MG but again, you are giving up control and lose the ability to adapt feeding to a particular plant's needs. I'm beginning to think we need a big bold sticky about MG soil to combat the constant questions.

10. #10 MagniKhan, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2009
    Boy this kind of shit talk is going to make you real popular here. I, like most, only hear a muffled sound coming from your post.....that being cause your TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS!!! Hell I'm not sure what your doing here anyway, you and your supposed friend (if he even exist) know it all!!

A better course of action would be to stow that **** and ****, you might learn something!

11. has anyone used Canna terra professional plus soil mix?

apparently its quite good according to them, has a ph of 7 and is made for indoor growth and contains no ferts to my knowledge.

12. Of course it's good according to them. The ph is a little high though, you want between 6.5-6.8. But it can be adjusted with watering so it's not a big deal.

13. Used Miracle grow for about 7 years now on at least half a dozen strains. Burned one batch of plants, the first time I used it. Hell, FoxFarm nutes have a tendency to burn certain strains of sprouts. ;)

After seeing that you actually have to pay attention to your plants needs and reactions (making me a better grower), it has provided many excellent harvests over the years.

Miracle Grow has been around for decades and wouldn't be as popular as it is if it didn't work. You just have to be a good enough grower to use it. New growers that can't read directions (or plants) tend to burn them and then they badmouth the product (instead of the grower) and then folks that have never even used the product take their inexperienced griping for gospel and that's how bad reps get around. :)

14. When I started my first grow I used miracle grow for the veg cycle untill I could afford some good nutes. The soil had enough nutes for about 6 or 8 weeks as far as I could tell. They grew tall and fast. I had no problem with miracle gro. Although it it easy to over do it. just pay attention.

15. #15 snowdog, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2009
    what makes you think you know anything bro? first off hes not a kid, hes 65 and hes been growing before you fell outa your mommas nut sack. 2nd anyone who grows more then 50 plants a year outdoor in the us and have pretty much all of them make probally knows what the hell there talking about. you probally dont even know how to clone. he made his own strain this year thats f*ckin bangin and is done in 6 weeks indoor. im pretty sure he knows what hes doing, not just some punk kid who sprouts a couple of mids seeds and they turn out males and you think your a grower. let me know how your shit does this year.. ill be expecting atleast a p off of each of my clones from him this year. have fun

disrespecting other members is against the rules.. please chill man.

16. MG Planting soil has burnt the leaves on my plants. BAD RESULTS!!! I'm doing better with the plain dead dirt I dug up from under the tree in my backyard. I was Hoping "Time release" would be a good thing but it is obviously burning my plants.
    DO NOT USE!!
    Yuh A sticky would be AWSOME, and had I known this earlier, would be a godsend.....

17. Now your just betting personal.

My response earlier was over the top and I apologize. But if you look back at your post , who's the "punk kid" here?

18. LMAO As I was reading Snowdogs response I was telling myself the same...

SNOWDOG: Yes, Nitrogen Is and important part of cannabis veg life... enough of it could make your plants grow substantially...too much of it like anything else... Is bad for them...

To summarize... This is a forum we're thrive with the sharing of information and constructive criticism, anything else is a waste of our time. We all have opinions, but when Ideas clash, that only means more research is needed in either party and just shows peoples maturity level... And you my friend aren't looking real bright

19. 4) You sound like an A-hole! lol... are you happy?

20. FenceWalker pretty much summed it up here, so i'm closing this thread. The bullshit back and forth bickering is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.