Why is Marijuana Illegal

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by AnimalCollectEV, Oct 30, 2009.

1. BBC NEWS | Americas | Huge fine for radio contest death
    Something I thought was kind of ridiculous/funny to me and I thought I'd share it with GC, basically this mother of three drank so much water for a radio contest that it gave her acute water intoxication and she died. Isn't water supposed to be the healthiest thing you can drink? Can't OD on Bud, at this point Marijuana is the healthiest thing to me.:cool::smoke:

2. yeah, i watched a thing where people on illez drowned themselves by drinking soo much water that it just seeped into their lungs. i wonder how many substances you can't overdose on besides marijuana.

3. You can't OD on LSD either, well you can, but there's no way anyone could ever get their hands on enough to do it at once.

4. I just think is dumb lol, the healthiest thing you can drink you can overdose on but you cant OD on bud and its fucking illegal! So dumb

5. Isn't it illegal because of tobacco?

6. this is nothing new man, may be a huge epiphany for you, but the rest of us have known the rediculousness of marijuana prohibition for a long while now.

7. Heres a shocker. The reason that weed is illegal actually has nothing to do with weed!

8. They should have bud smoking contest. To see who will OD on bud. One might say there will be no winners cuz no one will OD...but if you ask me who ever is in the contest will win cuz every one will be stoned like muthafucka.

9. I haven't heard one argument against marijuana legalization that makes sense. I don't see how some of the public supports this bullshit.

Some Christians may believe some bullshit like "the weed makes me closer to the devil", but besides that lunacy I just don't understand.

10. Yes, but play that record backwards - and what does it say then:D

11. tobacco and lumber, probably alot of other shit to, just some asses with a lot of money wanting all the bud to them selves so the can monopolize on fuel, lumber, tobacco and alcohol.

12. hahaha what's up with the whole playing records backwards makes the devil talk to you crap.like 5 days ago i heard that if you play a Rihanna album backwards you hear the deMOns.why when christians don't understand something they call it the devil?? i bet that before they know what gravity was they thought it was the devil keeping them from ascending into heaven.

13. I'm christian myself, and I can honsetly see some Christians doing that kind of shit. It's to bad some misinformed idiots are holding a fairly decent religion back :(

14. #15 mcherbie, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2009
    So your religion is 'fairly decent' ?

I have to say I would have expected a stronger statement of faith than that!?

I also expect you to consider that your government is bombing the fuck out of Afghani women and children in it's war against 'terror'.

Quote me when Jesus said this was the 'fairly decent' thing to do ?

15. If Marijuana was legal...

The government would make little to no money off it because they can't really tax it because if its legal then everyone would grow it.

Tabacco Companies would be shut down

Alcohol Companies would be shut down

Many food companies would be shut down because marijuana provides natural nutrients that can keep you alive. [Actually food companies would be on a rise because munchies :D]

We wouldn't need pain killers or many pharmacies because marijuana practically heals you.

There is NO good reason why weed is illeagal.

Fuck, we all know obama tokes with his wife. SO FUCKING LEGALIZE IT!

16. I'll give this country 4 years; college, until I leave for a cooler country. Shit needs to be legalized.

17. that leaves you about two or three other countries to go, netherlands, india, and iran i believe.

18. it's legal to grow fruits and vegetables too,but how many people do you know grow it instead of just going to a grocery store?

19. OP should watch the movie The Union: The business behind getting high.
    I watched it the other night on google videos and it answered this question and a bunch of others.