Why is it so hard to get that Your and You're are different?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BongBreaker6, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Your so picky. Their are some of us who where public schooled. If I could of spelt it right, I would have. You don't have to loose your shit on us.

2. There - A place / Location
    Their - Belonging to - "Their backpacks are full"
    They're - Short for "They are" They're really trying to understand english.

3. [quote name='"Parable"']

There - A place / Location
    Their - Belonging to - "Their backpacks are full"
    They're - Short for "They are" They're really trying to understand english.[/quote]

Thanks yo :)

4. For me at least it's just second nature. I don't have to donate additional brainpower to decide whether to type "you're" or "your". You just know. It's really not a difficult concept to grasp.

It used to wind me up but I don't really care anymore, not enough to make a thread about it anyway! It does look stupid though and if I see it used incorrectly I'll always notice it.

5. [quote name='"Mixted"']

it is the internet, lighten up. If someone handed me a report with errors like that in there yes I too would be pissed. but on the webs? there are tons of more annoying things on the net. Take this for example "/thread" ??backslash thread?? what the fuck does that even mean? but we all know what it represents.

even you did it and the end of your rant.[/quote]

Quoted for truth. I fucking hate /thread, /rant, etc. OP would you do a backslash in a work report or for school?

6. [quote name='"Good Bacteria"']

For me at least it's just second nature. I don't have to donate additional brainpower to decide whether to type "you're" or "your". You just know. It's really not a difficult concept to grasp.

It used to wind me up but I don't really care anymore, not enough to make a thread about it anyway! It does look stupid though and if I see it used incorrectly I'll always notice it.[/quote]

Same. I notice it but I don't rage to the point of making a pointless thread

7. But we both feel the need to post in said pointless thread. :p

8. I just assume they're just too lazy to use proper grammer but they could just be stupid.

9. Eh...like I had already mentioned, I don't really care about grammar errors over the internet.

But how does it take any more effort to write the proper form of the word???

10. the problem is not that it is hard to get Your and You're are different, the problem is that you don't get you and I are the same .:eek:

11. Your mad about this?

12. This sums up what I was about to say.

[​IMG]

13. It's really not, people just aren't cognitively aware

14. This is gonna hard to believe but sometimes you miss a letter while typing...

image-3447291703.png

15. I could honestly care less. The only time I get a little annoyed is when someone uses bad grammar while being a arrogant dipshit, or when insulting someones intelligence.

Example: "O my god kid your so fucking dumb, go kill urself"

People living in glass houses and all....

16. Is there a difference between could of and could have? English is my 2nd Language ;)

17. fuck your pissed man

18. and "your", is possesive.

19. Hypocrisy runs deep in all humans- don't act like you're any different OP.