Why is it flowering?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tripleafarmer, Aug 14, 2010.

1. I planted a seed from a bag. it is 5 months old and has never left 18/6 light cycle yet this morning i noticed that it is flowering. i was hoping to double it in size before i flowered. why is this plant flowering under an 18/6 light cycle?

2. 5months!! That is one heck of a long Veg cycle. I have no idea why it did it other than it may have the genetic tendency to do just that. Is the room influenced by any other lights?

JaK

3. 5 months?? Definately way to long for veg cycle. Cannabis only have a certain amount of time in their life cycle, depending on what kind it is. It may be putting itself into flower cycle because its been long enough for vegging. I may be wrong about this...not really sure what could be the reason could be.

4. WRONG...

U can veg weed for as long as u like. Unless its an autoflower strain.

I do it all the time. Mature plant = big frame, lotsa roots = more bud.

Nuff said.

Freak
    :smoke:

5. Mother plants that are used for cloning are in a constant state of veg, some for years!

6. ANYwayz...

The flowering problem. Is it really a problem ???

She is gonna double, if not triple her size during this cycle, good news ???

During the first 2 or 3 weeks, its referred to as "the stretch" for obvious reasons.

Can u get any pics up bro ???

Freak

7. It may just be preflowers. Some strains do this even under 24\0. It will not fully flower until light is reduced. Pics of the offending "flowers" would help.

8. sounds like preflowers to me bro :-D

9. Just preflowers like I said. Don't worry it's not flowering. If it has not received more dark than normal there is nothing to worry about.

10. #10 colafarmer, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2010

Well freekbro is RIGHT if your growning indoors...LOL...I see nothing offending in his answer....Maybe you should get a MJ growers guide and read up....:rolleyes:

11. #11 fuzz420, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2010
    My apologies

12. First off, any, and i mean ANY advice is better than none:D. Even if it is wrong, its still closer to diagnosis then when i started and freakbro has answered many of my questions, and it just so happens he has always been right:smoke:. i find or take no offence to his post. now that that is cleared up, how bout the other ? my 5 week old plants are 5.5" tall and if 5 mos is a long veg what am i doing wrong?

13. Its all good guyz

Sometimes Im wrong, and I'll admit it when I am.
    But thats rare. lol.

Fuzz420, I think youre jealous that u dont have the knowledge base some of us have.
    I help alotta people around here, and I have many, many friends here at GC who's grows I have personally saved.

You are upset becuz of the other thread. Ya know, the one where ya told buddy to douse his budding plant in alcohol - ya that one dude. You blow on advice man.
    It would do u some good to read up on horticulture in general. I notice u like to
    troll around different threads and then all of a sudden jump in with some shitty, misleading info.

Im cocky in my ability to give out good, understandable info. And proud of it.
    And many blades are thankful for it. U act as if I get paid or somethin. Nothin in it for me at all, just a sense of satisfaction in knowin I helped some fellow blade.

And u need help...but ya wont ever get it from me.

Freak

14. fuzz420, just saw yur apology, but whos it directed at ???

Freak

15. there must be some other factor because now the entire veg room is in pre flower and one looks like it will start budding soon. Are there some kind of influences that will cause this?
    they are in scotts top soil.
    2-42w 2700k cfl
    3 23w 6500k cfl
    im confused and lost any help would be appreciated!!

16. Certain nute defficientcys can cause early flowering.

17. I would say just flip that girl into flower she has been waiting long enough.
    Switch the lights to 12/12

18. if it was just one plant then i would say hermi...but since they are all doing it i have no idea...kick to 12/12 and get growin....ps freakbro1 has helped me more than i care to admit...you just fucked yourself out of a great resource:cool:peace deacon

19. As certain auxins can cause flowering in a grown plant, could they have been supplied accidentally with some suppliment or addition to your water? For instance, rooting hormone and seedling transplanting substances can have this effect, i make a transplanting hornmon tea from willow tips, and it works great on seedlings and reeks havoc on a grown plant. just an idea.

20. I dont think you understood. he has helped me alot!!