Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why is bong smoke so milky?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MidnitTokr, Aug 16, 2012.

1. :bongin:So why is it so much thicker and milkier than say, a pipe or a joint? I assume it must be the water since that's the only main difference, but what exactly is happening, like molecularly or whatever?

2. #2 Lanny17, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
    [quote name='"MidnitTokr"']:bongin:So why is it so much thicker and milkier than say, a pipe or a joint? I assume it must be the water since that's the only main difference, but what exactly is happening, like molecularly or whatever?[/quote]

I think your just thinkin to hard bro xD
    Bong Smoke is thick because there's so much room for it to accumulate. If your pipes were see through youde see pretty much the same effect I suppose the water slows down the smoke and gives it more time to accumulate though as opposed to going straight into your lungs

3. I could be totally wrong here but I believe that colder smoke becomes more condensed, hence the milkier hit? I dunno we need a science major up in here.

4. Yes, its the water. The water cools it and heat is the epitome of change and movement so when the smoke is warm, it is violent and constantly changing and moving, while when its cooled by air it sticks together atomically and becomes more condensed.

Which is also the same reason why fog exists.

5. Its a combination of no air getting to the smoke as well as it being able to compress in the bong chamber, at least that's what I thought.

6. When things are cooled their particles become more tightly packed, as the water cools the smoke it condenses into that thick milky goodness you speak of.

7. because bongs are magical, and it cools shit down, especially with ice :smoke:

8. same reason why you touch yourself at night

9. LMAO

Op, it's because all the smoke is contained in one area, and there's a lot of it.
    It's really easy to understand the concept, just don't think to hard about it.

Any smoke contained, if there is a lot of it, will look milky.

10. Combine this ^ with my original answer and that's your conclusion.

Stay high bro

11. You're hitting it right.

12. It's because much more space is being occupied with smoke. The chamber is way bigger so more smoke builds up, and it hits harder so the smoke builds up faster too.

13. [quote name='"MarleySubs"']same reason why you touch yourself at night[/quote]

Ah this was great. Thanks for the laugh.

14. ohhhhhhh shittttttttttttttttt fwhatamidoing super baked gjkr3pppppppppkjorgjrw;kjjjjjjnrffw;;;;;;kjgggggggn gtnj32i54i0

dhit
    shit*

15. [quote name='"yodaweed"']ohhhhhhh shittttttttttttttttt fwhatamidoing super baked gjkr3pppppppppkjorgjrw;kjjjjjjnrffw;;;;;;kjgggggggn gtnj32i54i0

dhit
    shit*[/quote]

You alright bro?

16. Yah, I know why that's milky.

BTW, what about a bubbler? Does that put out pipe smoke or milky bong smoke? I've never seen one used so I don't know. Ima go to the head shop tomorrow and pick one up and find out.

17. [quote name='"bazoski1er"']I could be totally wrong here but I believe that colder smoke becomes more condensed, hence the milkier hit? I dunno we need a science major up in here.[/quote]

This isnt rocket science dude its just smoke building up the more you inhale lol dis has to be the most funniest thread thnx op for making me laugh