Why Is Bob Marley so great stoned?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by mbruck3, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Don't get me wrong Bob Marley is great all the time... high, sober, happy, sad doesn't matter, but when I am stoned and I put on a Marley CD it like speaks to me man. It really changes my outlook and at one point it was the main reason that kept me into smoking. There's something about him, ya know? I was listening to Redemption Song baked out my mind and it changed my life. No joke, its good sh** and I mean I went and learned it on guitar. When people say "Bob Marley is for pot heads" it's not a stereo-type dudes it's a real fact. What you guys think???

2. i think people like bob marley for what he stands for and not necessarily pot

3. Yeah hes great stoned or sober. Listen to the lyrics. Message is CLEAR as crystal made in Breaking Bad (Good show btw season finale tonight after season opener of True Blood)

4. i think he great stoned or not, he spoke from the heart wanting nothing but peace in a world of hate, prejudice, etc...

5. Ya man that's what im saying men. I mean my God his lyrics change my life and they really speak to me when im chilled out

6. I'm probably going to regret saying this.. but I never once liked any of bob marley's songs.

7. Reggae in general is just chill music. It's a beat that you can chill with since it isn't too fast paced. To me it always feels relaxing because I associate it with tropical vacations, laying in the sunshine, drinks with pineapple, etc. Plus, a true message is often there. And Bob Marley was just one of those legendary musicians - there's power in numbers, and he's pretty damn universal...

8. What man go listen to some Stir It UP!!!!!!! CAN I GET A HELL YEAH FOR STIR IT UP! stir it up, little darling... cmon and stirrr it up :hello:

9. i like some Bob Marley songs, but I'm forever pointing out that there is tons of other great reggae music....

Most of the well-known Bob Marley singles I can't stand hearing anymore. Played out like craaaazy. So if I listen to anything, its some of his lesser-known stuff.

Stir It Up is a great example of one of the overplayed Marley songs I can't listen to anymore...

10. my favorite of bob's songs are jammin, no woman no cry, and buffalo soldier.

11. Or some Jack Johnson... I like him too

12. dude those are in my top 5 which are... 1) redemption song, 2) jammin 3) stir it up 4) no woman no cry, 5) buffalo soldier 6) one love, 7) sun is shining

13. +1, pretty much anything on Legend I don't listen to anymore. My favorite songs of his right now are Duppy Conqueror, Time Will Tell, All in One, and alot of the African Herbman album.

14. Me too man,its my favorite song of all time.

He put all his heart into this song and u can hear his pain.

+rep

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNkr86zZaP4]YouTube - bob marley - redemption song(+ lyrics and wallpapers download)[/ame]

15. Right on man, it was his last recorded song and it really told the tale of his life and life style. I listened to this song at least 10 times just sitting there listening to every word

16. yea every line just gets me thinknin, it was also the last song he performed before he died.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    None but ourselves can free our minds.
    Have no fear for atomic energy,
    'Cause none of them can stop the time.
    How long shall they kill our prophets,
    While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
    Some say it's just a part of it:
    We've got to fullfil the book.

deepest, truest song EVER

17. Am I the only one that likes Easy Skankin? :p

excuse me while i light my spliff (spliff) oh god i gotta take a lift

18. nah man i love that song

19. Made for the stoned, by the stoned.

20. I like his music high and sober. I think when were high we can pick up on the same mind state he was in most likely. His lyrics are so true tho, he made music to try and make the world a more peaceful place and I like to think that in a way he did. Kind of makes me think that stoners are the only peaceful people in this world haha, we are open to different types of people and very rarely hateful.