why is aquarium decorations so expensive?!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by fangorntrees, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Wassup fellow ents/tokers the other day I went to one of my buddy's houses and he had like 5 fish tanks set up around his living (pretty bad ass). Thinking this was cool I go out and buy a nice 29 gallon fish tank, gets some sweet ass fish (couple sharks and eels) after picking out my fish I go over to the decorations and the had this really cool sunken ship that came in 2 pieces they wanted 60 bucks a piece! Does anyone know of any credible website that offers discounted aquarium stuff?

2. its expensive because it has to be made of material that wont decompose in water, leech harmful chemicals, and retain its coloration. you can get plastic plants pretty cheap but a nicely decorated fish tank is an investment. i've probably put over $100 into my 10 gallon

3. I don't use artificial decorations just gravel/sand plants driftwood and rocks they look much better and are much cheaper the rocks and wood are free

4. Sweet I was just looking for a way to save money on a kick ass aquarium to get more ganja

5. make sure if you get things from outside you clean them very thoroughly before putting them into your tank

6. same here, I paid for my driftwood but i found slate at this pond I go fishing at in the summer. Took it home cleaned it up and boiled it.

IMO aquarium decorations are kindy cheesy, specially when people have badass fish then theres one of those bubble treasure chests or a rainbow colord volcano thing.

7. IMO aquariums are like a living piece of art,you want it to look nice in your home. Im going to make my aquarium an use mostly organic things to decorate but i am going to invest in a few nice tank "decorations" ive been slowly buying things like that when i can afford to so ile have everything after i finnish them :smoke:

8. thats also true..I hate the rainbow shit

9. Aquarium decorations are extremely tacky.

The most beautiful setups are natural looking.

Grab some rocks at the bech or mountain (free aside from gas) and planted bulbs ($3 for like 6 bulbs).

It can be done very cheap if you use a forum.