Why is america

Discussion in 'General' started by Sherak, Apr 4, 2012.

1. the capital of high school masacres you think?.. Just found out there has been another one, weird really cos they used to be a big deal, even here in the UK. I lilsten to the radio daily and read the odd news site yet this passed me by, are they becoming passé.

I know this is a sore point to many but I persoanly think it is due to the liberal gun laws, your gun laws defy common logic.

2. Gun laws, you can just take your dads gun and go shoot everyone.

3. Because people that shoot up places tend to do it at the ones that they know are "gun free" so they don't get shot back at. Schools being one of the easiest.[​IMG]

4. #4 Skunky Monkey, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012

No that's crap! they happen at schools because students are bullied to the point of wanting to kill themselves and everyone else. Not because there gun free. They do it for a reason.

Well 90% of the time anyway.

5. Video games

6. Also America most likely has one of the highest student population we have 400 million people last time I checked we're the 3rd largest country by population and almost everybody goes to school and we're a lot more diverse than most places so more difference between students so some kids get picked on

7. yeah but you not think in other countries it doesnt happen because when you snap you dont rationally go about aquiring illigal fire arms, but if there were some at hand you would go crazy with em..

8. American children are raised as selfish spoiled brats who are promised everything. When it doesn't work out for a psychopath they snap and decide to take from others.

9. Access to guns, is the long and short of it... We should strive to keep guns out of the hands of children. It is equally important to not hinder law abiding adults acess.

10. It's not like guns are any more common in American households today than 50 years ago... Sociologically, what is making kids snap today?

11. Any stats that say per capita their are more school shootings now than 50 years ago? I don't think columbine was the first shooting...

12. If you outlaw guns only criminals will have them... And shootings like those happen everywhere don't be delusional. Didn't that Norwegian guy shoot like 20 toddlers or something a couple months ago?

13. In the past, "school shootings" were just shootings that occurred at a school. Usually between two people who had a disagreement or something.

Now school shootings mean a massacre in which random people are targeted by anti-social freaks just for being there. It's happened before in the past, but the rate at which it's happening now is a new phenomena.

14. The second the government takes away my right to own and operate a firearm is the day I will really need to be scared of my government.

Kids shouldn't have access to guns. But then again kids shouldn't have access to meth, crack ,coke etc ....

Don't blame the gun.

15. That's your perception, can you validate it with statistics?

There where what two shootings this year? I think we went a couple of years without one... It's not a daily occurance, we should not alter everyday life for most cause a couple dozen were killed...

16. The American Dream hoax, all the medicine kids are being put on these days, lack of parenting, and violence in video games and movies. You can't watch the news without hearing killing and war promoted by our politicians. Just to name a few.

17. Simple fact, it is the most fucked up country on earth, from laws to attitude to government to religion.

18. Cuz we live in a fucked up system. Some kids just reach their breaking point with the bullying and all the other shit going on in their lives.

School shootings shouldn't happen, but fuck bullying.

19. It's easy to obtain a weapon here, whether it is purchased or stolen. But then again it is in a lot of other places :confused: school sucks sometimes, that, combined with kids that have some sort of issue creates problems

20. Gun laws. People can't carry concealed weapons to defend themselves.