Why growers shouldn't be against legalisation.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Sheppo, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Is this because they fear what will there money income from it would be lost? Well I reckon that say if california legalises, where would all their plants come from?
    Since it's going to probably expand a few small clinic providers for MMJ into corporate businesses and the like, what will the growing companies want; A team of regular guys needing years of training to get any decent results? Or a man who can come in with a clean record (assuming they mever got busted beforehand(unless there's a criminal clearing scheme with legalisation)) and prove he can grow pounds and pounds easily, especially if its the dankest shit.

And hell that'd be good money I reckon.

2. my thoughts are tht if its legalized it wouldnt b worth growing ,i reckon 24 hrs after its legalised youll b buying branded marijuana cigerettes "marlboro green" etc in the local shop!,it would end up like growing any other legal crop!put another way if tomatoes where illegal and worth loads of money would you b growing a few "crafty" toms 4 personnel consumtion wouldnt ya!!...i know i would!

3. Good money? Sure. Like any other commodity.

But not the $4000/lb that it currently sells for. The only reason it's like that is bc of the artificial inflation from prohibition (and the risks associated with it). Take it away, and its just like any other plant. A pound of lettuce costs how much?

Of course, I am for legalization, but I can see how growers are anti-legalization (till they get busted, of course)

4. my point exactly,legalize it and yrll have big buisnesses jumping on the bandwagon faster than flies on shit!!

5. fuck that I would never smoke anything made by a tobbacco company

6. Yeah you will, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to buy buds either.... it will go down a hell of a lot in price and there won't be criminal penalties for us!

Obviously there are more benefits here guys....

7. were you high when you made this thread OP?

8. Yes.

I odn't think you understood. HOW are these companies going to be suddenly growing major weight so quickly? They will hire growers!

9. OK yeah they will hire growers. But the growers dont need to be experienced, they can be some mexican from honduras :rolleyes:. People already know how to grow great weed, but its illegal and people dont do it. Anyone can grow dank bud. Which if its legalized, most people would grow it themselves. And I assume if its legalized it would become very cheap. Like atleast 2 grams for 5 dollars.

10. I don't think it will be that cheap.

And money makes the world go round. They could import some mexicans or train some randoms, or they could hire the local growers who supplied the black market for all those years, and simply let them continue to do their thing for a legal profit.

A business is going to want the best possible production, and a grower with years of experience and know-how would be their best opportunity. Anybody can grow dank, but good luck getting your rookies to grow some bomb alaskan thunderfuck in their first grow haha.

11. #11 kent grown bud, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    big companys would b growing fields of this shit and probably where the labour force is cheaper ,just bcoz "experienced growers"like ourselves can grow pukka weed means absolutely nothing to them,its cheaper to pay some indian/mexican or whatever to grow it in there own country !and then export! its called economics!also i think u r overestimating how hard this plant is to grow!it grows naterally in these countrys and these people have a long history of growing it

12. Who cares about the companies and shit... If they make 'marlboro greens' so what? You'd be growing your own dank anyways. Youll probably know 10 guys growing also, so weed would be everywere. You could smoke your blunt where you want when you want with no stress. Cant understand why smokers dont want it legalized.

13. #13 kent grown bud, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
    i want it legalised ,but im just pointing out that after legalisation it would b like growing your own tabacco,i estimate tht 85percent of peeps on this forum smoke cigerettes,how many of them r growing their own tabacco ?

14. I want repealed litigation, not legalization.

15. I would love to go to my local farmers market and just see bushes of Ganja...I dream of that day.:hello:

16. What a beautiful image that brings to mind...

17. So what your saying is that people will rather smoke Mexican dirt weed rather then dank ass strains, just because corporations are selling it? Just think about what you are saying, would you rather want dank or shwage. Coorporations will have a hard time growing tons and tons of dank bud because it would be so hard to get all the males. Smaller grows would still dominate.

18. Do you have any idea how easy it is to grow weed?

19. i agree. its seriously astonishing to see so many people on this board saying that weed will be just like cigarettes. except who the fuck would buy prerolled joints with chemicals and shit? especially since we know this WHOLE movement is ANTI-corporation. the corporations are the only reason its illegal right now, so it wouldn't really make much sense to just let another random CEO buy out the rights to marijuana and force us all to smoke shit.

when legalization comes, i wont be buying packs of joints, i will be growing.
    (though i may buy the cool little snack foods that have in some dispensaries - like jolly ranchers that get you high; gg.)

20. #20 kent grown bud, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    read my earlier answer,thts exactly my point!