Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Grind Weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mitch7, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Yeah I'm a high idiot. I meant to say with the torn up, not ground in a grinder

2. Alright just wanted to make sure so i know what im doing with my bud haha, im pretty ripped myself.

3. In my opinion , whole nugs ( minus stem ) is better for pipes. The reason being more air comes with the smoke so it is smoother , it really helps for inexperienced lungs.

For a bong however , its being cooled by water already so you want to get as thick of a hit as possible , so you should grind it.

4. if u dont grind your herb and just stick a nug in it wont hit as well, that is if its actually hitting. Also when its ground up, when u hit it the bud burns faster but u get the full hit. When it isnt broken up very well the bud just lights on fire but u dont get a very big toke (therefore wasting bud). Plus i feel like my seshs with ground bud were honestly just better.

5. I don't see any reason to grind when smoking from a pipe or bong. I love grabbing a nice bowl and squishing it into my pipe. If you use a glass without a screen then grinding just makes you more likely to suck ash. Blech! Sure grind for joints, vapes, and edibles, but not bowls.

6. Not too sure how true it is, but I've been told by a couple different people that dealers tell people to grind it. That way it'll burn faster and will be wasted alot quicker. Therefore making customers come back quicker

7. A man with some sense right here.

Lets say you have a .2 nug.

The OP throws the .2 nug in the bowl, and smokes it. Lasts 5 hits.
    If you throw a .2 nug in the grinder, it will break up to a LOT more than one bowl.

A dense nug is dense until you grind it up. Put your dense buds in a grinder.

8. #28 BuffalosoldieRx, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    Sometimes dealers tell you to use a grinder if the buds are really dense. Really dense buds doesn't look like the full amount of what you paid for until you grind it.

Dealers don't want you bitching at them because your bag looks small when in fact the buds are just dense.

9. I get more hits out of my bowl when I grind but it makes sense. You can fit more into the bowl when it's grinded than when it's not...

10. What made you chose that screen name man? Little blasphemous don't ya think?

11. You grind it so you can smoke it properly. If you use a vape, you have to grind that shit really good or it won't work very well.
    I've never just stuck a nug in a bowl. Sounds stupid, then you have stems and shit all in it, plus, the nugs I get are usually pretty big.

12. You break off a piece that is the right size and free of stem. It's not rocket science.

13. But why would you do that?

It just burns better when it is grinded up.

14. Then why wouldn't I just grind it up? Sounds like half-assing it to me haha

15. Because leaving it whole is more efficient and gives a better tasting hit. It's all a matter of preference. But I like to take a hit, walk a way and do a couple things and then take another hit. When you leave it whole its easier to put the bowl out so it doesn't keep burning and waste the whole thing. Plus I personally like the way it hits better when not broken. Everyone I know just grabs a bowl and packs it. It's not half assed, it's all that is needed.

16. Yeah, I guess it really does comes down to user preference. If that's what you prefer, then who am I to say what's best you know?

17. Agree to disagree, but that's what grasscity is all about:smoke:

18. It smokes faster in a bowl, but you get bigger hits, its not like the weed just disappears, and you can pack alot more grinder up. Put a nug you'd smoke in the bowl, take it out, grind it and you'll see you can still fit more

But either way i agree I just smoke it and don't grind it up, just saying why you would

19. Keeps fingers from contaminating and stealing thc. easier than breaking it up by hand. burns more efficiently albeit more rapidly. downside is mainly that it can burn too fast. you just have to learn not to light the entire damn bowl. ground weed doesn't require as much flame to smoke.

to each his own. but I think grinders are the way to go.

20. Plus whenever you dont grind, you experience the epic moment of finding greens :yay: