Why Good Things Happen to Bad People (sort of)

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bapee, Apr 15, 2011.

1. This is a really interesting article/blog post about and atheist who meets god on a bus ride back home in England. In recent years I've struggled to really comprehend why humans have needed the existence of 'god' and something that is omnipresent, omnipotent and looking over every one of us like special creations. To me, it seems like a crutch blinding us from striving to find the real truths of our universe. To me, it's always seemed like the idea of god in traditional constructs of religion is a silly fairy tale. The fact that creation is still being lobbied for classroom time is evidence of this.

I just picture myself as this dude on the bus. If this whole situation went down, and this guy sitting beside me wasn't talking bullshit, I'd sit there and be like "wow. that just made a fuckload of sense".

It is hard to even describe what this article is about as it covers so many topics so interestingly. I hope this can spur some interesting discussion here on the City.

This is a LONG READ. I came upon this during a 3 hour night class, and I completely and utterly dropped out of the lecture for about 45 minutes. This is something you'll want to clear a bit of time for, hit a few bowls, and dive into with an open mind

Ragged Trousered Philosopher