Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why don't you have your medical marijuanna card?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by srhs, May 28, 2010.

1. Because I don't think the dispensaries are respectable organizations that serve the patients best interest.

2. I live in a non-medical state.
    However, I do quality with a legitimate condition, but I don't think I would get a card even if it was available. I am only 18 and I want to go to law school and possibly get involved in politics and I don't think a history with a medical marijuana card will look good on my record. I have nothing against it and I want legalization more than anything, but I just don't want that "skeleton in my closet".

3. because I don't have any condition that would allow me to get a medical marijuana card.

and, I don't want to abuse the system, because that would make me part of the problem, not solution.

4. thats the best reason yet. follow your dream young man:hello:

i dont have 1, cause the card dont exist where i live. dam government:mad:

5. wrong.
    Its your right as a resident of any state that has enforced mmj to seek out the medical treatment you desire, as a resident of that state and as an adult in this country, its your right. Let me say that one more time, ITS YOUR RIGHT. Its not hard to get your card, now days it can be as simple as walking in and asking your doctor about Alternative Medicine as in Chiropractic Practice, Acupuncture, Message therapy, and yes now even Cannabis. If anything its gotten much, much easier.

6. I could probably get one for my sciatica, but I don't have the $200+ to spend on that kind of doctor's visit lol.

7. you do know that getting a card allows you to grow your own right? a lot of the controversies over dispensaries, is the fact that most laws have nothing about them(dispensaries) in it.

a lot of dispensaries are in it for the wrong reason, but not all of them.

8. i agree. our law has been on the books for 10 years. only in the past year, we have seen the explosion in the number of patients. its definitely gotten much easier.

9. I live in jersey, and since I don't have cancer or aids it's impossible to get one.

10. I dont have one cause the only info I have on them is Hear-say....

Some people tell me not to get it, cause I wont find a decent salary based job that'll hire me....

Some say...just because it's legal in your state, doesnt mean your not breaking federal law (wtf that means)

Some say that that it's the best thing they've ever done....

To tell you the truth...... Id love to have a card.. But Im more concerned about my future... Im dedicating 7 years to college in order to become an Architect.....

Id suck if when I get out of school, I discovered that this stupid card is keeping me from getting a real job.

I hate to be a buzzkill....... but these are just the thoughts that go through my mind when I think about getting a card...

11. Truth... spread it.

As he should.

Oh yes... there are thousands upon thousands of patients in this country who need medical marijuana, want it and cannot get it. I don't even need a source for that... it's obvious. Do you live on Earth too?

Yup. People trying to game the system serve as evidence that medical marijuana is a joke, a Trojan for legalization and not really medicine. If that were to become the prevalent belief... :wave: Medical Marijuana.

If you wish to lie and pretend to have a qualifying condition, you shouldn't be open about it anywhere to anyone. If you wanna have the rights of a duck, ya gotta waddle and quack like one too! ;)

12. So you plan to quit smoking soon then?

Otherwise your plan is flawed and based on a faulty assumption. Every time you smoke there is a chance you'll be arrested. Let me tell you.. as someone who STILL plans to attend law school once his weed-related felony is expunged... you do not know that you will reach law school without a criminal record for weed.

You know for certain that the bar assoc would see your conviction for pot. You have no idea whether 8 years down the road the bar will have access to patient records. It seems obvious to me that they don't and they won't... but it's certainly not a certainty like the criminal record check.

Be safe and smart. If you have a qualifying condition and wish to continue smoking, get a card.

13. i'll never get one because i grow my own marijuana. 4 plants a year is all i need :D

14. I would get mine, but I feel like legalization would be more agreeable. I'd rather proudly smoke illegally than have a MM card that could easily be overturned & trumped by the powers that be. In Oregon I don't even qualify; even with type I diabetes & moderate depression.

15. I am healthy and don't need Mmj.

Please leave it to the people who actually need it. Its because of the people who abuse the system that restricts mmj's legalization in other states.

Sure i would love to be able to buy dispensary weed but i am not sick so i will get it the way most others do. Through dealers.

I wish i had the resources to grow right now...

16. Because of the state I live in.

It really pisses me off that people get their card that don't need one. It's just as bad as junkies saying their in pain to get oxys. Do you guys think that's right? Grow the fuck up.

I need one and can't get it, then there's thousands of assholes out there abusing the system.

17. This.

18. Because I plan to become a doctor and would prefer to have no indication of drug use in my records. Also, even though I'd certainly qualify with with chronic back pain, I'd feel like I was scamming the system because I would be smoking my medical mj for fun and not pain relief.

19. Because of the people abusing the system it has been made very difficult for people who need it to get it.

For instance my friend has to wait another 6 months to get his card because there he made a small error on some government form. Now apparently he has to go and get ANOTHER recommendation from his doctor and re start the entire process.

Mean while he is "self medicating" but still for anyone who thinks they can beat the system i hope you get hit by an ambulance and it drives away (not really but seriously just stop abusing the system)

20. shit i better get one before this happens