Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why don't I ever get the munchies?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Whatapee, May 10, 2011.

1. Almost everyone I know gets the munchies so I figured I'd be the same
    So I always used to get a lot of food before I smoked MJ in hopes that I'd feel hunger
    But I always end up being So thirsty that any food that I try eating just gets stuck in my throat to the point where I think I will vomit
    Is this normal?..

2. Cotton Mouth man.
    Tis normal. :smoke:

3. nope, ur obviously broken

4. always have a drink with you bro

5. Yeah cotton mouth will make it difficult to eat and swallow. Best to drink a lot of fluid to counteract that issue.

I personally don't really get the munchies at all anymore. I guess it may have to do with the fact that I smoke after I eat dinner so I'm already full when I start smoking.

6. cotton mouth - keep a beer by your side :D

7. i would try different strains and have a cold beverage such as iced tea.

8. You're blessed

9. if i havnt smoked for a while i get the munchies but when im smoking everyday
    i dont feel hungry at all, to the point it affects my health and loose weight.

im sure it has something to do with the thyroid gland.

10. the munchies will be the death of me. consider yourself lucky.

11. I'm the opposite. I will eat until my stomach hurts if I start eating when I'm baked.

Having a drink with you when you eat will solve that problem. Stay hydrated.

12. The ganja suppresses my appetite. It is quite weird. It has the same effect my adhd medicine has with the hunger side effects. Quite weird if you ask me. Same thing happens to my brother and hes a good sized dude.

13. Oh since I'm not english I never got the cotton mouth reference lol
    Well I guess I should try a different dealer, cause with my current ones herbs I always end up having a cotton mouth
    Or maybe its genetics or something? lol

14. #14 KingFurgalur, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    No its not a bad thing. Make sure you drink something during your smoke sessions. Its is by no means a bad thing

It happens to everyone. Maybe not EVERY smoke session but it will happen if you dont stay hydrated.

I just bought some dry mouth mouthwash and gum. It is made for people that have dry mouth as a side effect for the medicine there on. The medications im on all have a side effect of "Dry mouth" and with the herb into that mixture Im always dehydrated even when i dont smoke

15. Cottonmouth is the most common side effect... regardless of the type of weed. You'll get used to it.

16. Have a fat glass of water before, during, after a sesh. I'm also a strong believer in drinking 16 oz of water an hour, more if you're being active.

17. Step 1. Drink water.
    Step 2. Smoke more weed.
    Step 3. Enjoy.

18. omfg dude i love your name and sig and fucking everything about you since u smoke weed and like bob ross

19. just drink alot of water and start eating, when you eat you wont be able to stop