Why doesn't our moon have a name????

Discussion in 'General' started by chiefMOJOrisin, Jul 21, 2007.

1. I agree. Ocarina was better, but it didn't have a badass moon. :cool:

2. Ocarina was better, but i liked how they added the sense of time and the moon. MM was a great sequel.

Back on topic though....

I just realized i dont have much else to contribute....:D

3. Moon = Luna
    Sun = Sol

Back in the times of the ancient greeks they really didnt have the understanding of planetary systems. There was only one moon and only one sun that we knew of, so we called it 'the moon' and 'the sun'

4. Why is it called the moon, and why is it considered mooning a person when you show them your ass??

5. Our moon is too insignificant to get a name. I'm sure theres some word that means 1st moon in one of earths languages.

6. moon=white
    ass = white

7. oh my bad dude

8. Just to clarify, Luna has nuthin to do with the Greeks, thats latin/romance

the greeks had "Selenê" for the moon

9. no problem :D

10. THERE YA GO!!! there are millions of others like it so why should it be the omnipotent body and call it OUR MOON?!?! for all we know civilizations from alpha centauri came here millions of years ago and already named it gozar.

and for the record... nothing.... i repeat nothing..... tops OOT. (ocarnia) nothing. MM was ok but because it followed such a revolutionary game (mastered the 3d world) i dont think it was doomed to fail in comparisson. the moon and sun were quite relevent in ocarnia due to the passing of time.... e.g.. big gorrons sword. (not the broken shit one). a few months ago i paid 45$ for an N64, a controller, rumble and memory pak, THE GOLD OOT, all-star baseball 2000 and madden 2001. fuck XBOX 360 right in the ear.

the mooninites are awesome but i prefer the plutonians. Ignignokt and Err are dicks. plus, oglethorpe created Major shake.... that shit was hilarious. however the monninites did bring to light, "moonajuana". which happened to be a burning tire.

(yes i viewed ATHF a few too many times)

11. one problem.... we are no longer in ancient times. should we blatently disregard science and our technological evolutions and continue to consider "our" moon to be "the" moon? i personally do not think so.

12. why is the moon called the moon, why is our god(well the majority of america at least)jus called god.... silly earth people and their silly names for things

13. What was so great about MM was the fact that it was the sequel to one of the greatest games of all time, yet they didnt just make an ocarina 2. They made a sequel that can stand up by itself and doesnt depend on the previous game.

I just realized something great....
    Ive never played ocarina or mm stoned before.
    I just figured out what im gonna do today. :smoking:

14. Horrah! I think I will join you.:smoke:

15. I think the moon doesnt need a name. We call it THE MOON and everyone knows what were talking about. We wouldnt be talking about other moons, only ours. Same thing with the sun. They dont need names because whenever someone mentions "the moon" or "the sun" its automatically assumed and known that were talking about OUR moon and/or sun.

16. as will i :bongin:

no one gets it. OUR moon is insignificant. it doesnt deserve to be OUR moon ot THE moon. damn it. for all we know the moon and the sun have already been named by civilizations from near solar systems in our galaxy. just as we named everything.... our planets, our galaxies stars and nebulae, our galaxy, other galaxies and other stars and other nebulae.... someone looking towards us from another galaxy could have named everything already.

i'm going to laugh when i'm burning a pipe with the alien homies from andromeda when they tell me that earth is really called blue balls

yea everyone will know what ur saying when u say THE moon. having said that.... no one confuses (who knows this shit) the moons if u say titan or Io or phoebos or charon. except maybe saturns moon titan with neptunes moon tRitan.
    there are millions upon millions of plant and animal species on our planet. there are billions upon billions more stars in our universe. its ignorant to think that ONE life form isnt in existance somewhere in the vastness of the cosmos. its more than ignorant.... its plain dumb. parts of the amazon have 8% of the of all earht's plant and animal species. if that kind of concentration can form in a reletivley small space and a reletively pointless planet in a reletively pointless galaxy... whos to say there isnt ONE organism in the entire universe?? it actually pisses me off. even though it really has nothing to do with the thread.....