Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why does weed make you hungry??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jayjay5396, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Munchies has gotta be the best "side effect" ever!! but why does weed make us hungry?

2. Cannabinoids affect the user by interacting with specific receptors, located within different parts of the central nervous system. Today it is known that we have receptors that respond to cannabis as well as cannabinoid like substances that exist inside us (endogenous cannabinoids). The particular receptor most often associated with cannabis use and appetite regulation is known as CB1. To date, the CB1 receptor has been found to be active in several areas of the body known to stimulate eating behavior, including the following:

• \t\tthe sections of the hypothalamus and hind brain that regulate food intake
    • \t\tthe reward center of the brain – helping food make us feel better
    • \t\tfrom within stomach and intestinal tissue – helping us know when we are hungry
    • \t\tthe limbic forebrain – helping food seem more palatable
    • \t\tthe gastrointestinal system – moderating energy metabolism

3. The best side effect? Lol i fuckin hate the munchies, its annoying as fuck.. I would much rather get super stoned and not have to continuously eat for the remainder of my high lol.. Which is how i get sometimes.

4. #4 jayjay5396, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    the muchies is better than sweating shaken headaches etc cant think of any better side effect than the munchies its the best im eating n smoking most of the time sometimes chocolate gets a little sickly though lol

5. I'd prefer to deal with cotton mouth, easier to remedy

6. Best side effect of it ever..... Not so much man I disagree lol

7. I like the way it makes food taste, just not the bottomless pit it creates lol

8. I love how some foods are amazing after a session. I love the naked juice mango flavor before and after a session.

9. this thread makes me hungry.

10. i love eating after bud lol

11. Absolutely THIS.

In fact, this is so true that I don't know why more restaurants don't push for legalization. The revenue would be insane.

Food simply tastes amazing while high, but it would be a pretty damn funny experience with THC-infused dining.

Imagine walking into a room full of people acting like they're on the verge of orgasm while eating their favorite foods. :D

12. Lol just imagine when it becomes legal everywhere that when they prescribe it in med caps it will say on the label "Side Effects: Munchies".

13. #14 jayjay5396, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012

try thinking of a better "side-effect" for anything else, even asprin for headache can give you a headache lol, munchies is the best side effect nothing can beat it. food tastes great when high.

the only problem i see is you could gain a few pounds i guess not so good if your diet lol

14. Gotta love the munchies, but not when you're on a diet trying to cut some weight [​IMG]

15. i dont know but this hummus is fucking BOMB. COM
    lmao
    I love that effect though.

16. Most people who get munchies eat 3 meals a day, usually junk food, which is only short term energy. I eat atleast every 3 hours, I will eat 7 meals a day, all of which are good foods that will keep me going and I never get munchies. Notice how you dont seem to get munchies if you get high after eating? Its all to do with blood sugar.

17. White castle only tastes good when I'm high hahaha