Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does weed make me crave alcohol?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Garrett, Mar 9, 2013.

1. So I take one, two, or three hits of weed and I'm feel wiped out, bloated, and anxious. Not a very exciting stone!

I enjoy the creativeness that comes with weed, but I'm unable to "chill" and go with the feeling. So I have to drink some beer to feel physically whole again. It's a physical feeling, kinda weak...

On a side note I smoke only in my bedroom with fear that my parents will smell the measly hits I took. I live in Washington thats like what the fuck!

2. do you drink often when you smoke?

i know i have a friend that got so used to smoking a cigarette while seshing and he honestly cannot smoke without one

3. Yeah kinda, I used to always have a couple beers when I smoke. Quit toking for 6months. Came back to it, and more uneasy nerves....

So maybe I got used to having beer, I used to always have a beer or weed buzz 2-3 years when all was good...

4. You sound like an alcoholic to me lmao

5. Maybe, the feeling I get from weed makes me seek something to help

6. When I don't smoke I crave alcohol. I definitely know what you mean though, takes the anxiety away

Omega369 :wave:

7. Yeah, I don't crave it, just when I smoke. I do drink most of all.

8. #8 Garrett, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
    Interesting note, I have within the past 30 minutes smoked off of a pipe I never cleaned with alcohol and salt, feeling less affected. It has been scraped, but maybe cleaning you pipe/bongs with alc/salt leaves negative residue. I wash it very good after I clean it but....

Yeah feeling much nicer since I smoked off a pipe never cleaned by alcohol.

9. To me weed and alcohol is the perfect combination. Drink first to get a buzz and relax and then burn some trees on top of that. Weed alone tends to get me anxious and paranoid and alcohol alone doesn't do it for me .

10. First off it sounds like you have anxiety and the weed's bringing it out more. Second, if you drink every time you smoke weed your brain could associate weed with alcohol and if you have one without the other you would get a craving. Weed's not for everyone and if you keep it up you'll probably bring your anxiety to the surface or make it worse.