Why does this keep happening to me!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tiger bloom, Aug 26, 2011.

1. A couple hours after I water (lightly too) I get this

Attached Files:

2. Some info

( . ) ___ ( . )

Attached Files:

3. Sounds like you were over watering.

I have 3ft plants in 3 gal pots that I only water 1/4-1/2 gallon every 3 days.

Best way to tell if your plants are dry is to pick up the pot they are in. If the pot is light, it needs water, heavy; wait for the next day and try again.

You say you haven't watered them for 4 days and they still look droopy?

4. root bound maybe?

5. Yes because I had this happen earlier so I stopped watering for a few days and started them back up with light waterings now it's happened again! I gave them a little 70/30 mix of water and hydrogen peroxide and they seem slightly healthier the I watered lightly. They seem slightly healthier now I feel as if I may have root problems like root rot idk

6. Got rid of a few about a week ago and root didn't seem too packed but these are bigger so possibly. I need to get new pots eventually nows a good of time as any.

7. Well wait a minute... When you stopped for a few days did they start looking any better? Because if you say you started watering again and they started looking like shit again, I think that should give you your answer!

I'll stick with over watering.

8. They actually did look like shit they showed no sign of recovery until watered a few days after with have strenghth nutes after which they came back to health. The plants are looking better now Idk why this keeps happening

9. Half strength *

10. Whats the water ph?.....do the pots have good drainage, stones at the bottom....

11. What are ur temps like? Its obviously a hard stress of some type

12. No stones at the bottom just soil. Temps are 80-85

13. There's ur problem, that's too high unless ur using co2 enrichment- u want it in the mid 70s

14. Soil is to dense for whatever reason. Not enough oxygen is getting to roots. When this happens intermittently to a otherwise healthy plant. Need to aerate the soil in the pot somehow. Maybe you packed it down to much, problem is with no air getting to bottom roots.

15. #15 DopeImean, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
    She don't like water...easy enough right? Starve that bitch. Whats that old saying again?

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

edit: Do you have any perlite in your mix?

16. No I'm not using perlite. Think I should transplant? Unfortunately that's the coldest I can get it even with an exhaust system. It's way too fucking hot in cali.

17. Would poking holes in the soil be enough?

18. It would help but if u have the wrong mix of soil it will always want to pack together, u never wanna use out of the bag soils u always wanna amend it properly

19. Unless that soil has perlite already such as happy frog.

20. Lol it is happy frogs