Why does Obama hate poor people?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kylesa, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Obama (and other Democrats) claim to be for the little guy, but once again another politician is demonstrating the classic 'Do as I say, not as I do' maxims that politicians can't help but live by. Obama said he was never going to raise taxes on the middle class. Maybe in la-la land are these claims true, or perhaps based on a technicality, but Obama has increased the cost of living in various ways, for lower-class Americans. He claims to be for the little guy. But judging by his recent actions, his rhetoric is empty.

Just recently, Obama increased the tariff on imported Chinese tires, to 35%. It's no secret that things made in China are cheap and plentiful, but the American Unions don't like competition, so they pressured Obama to support this protectionist policy, and somewhat luckily :)xeyed: ) for the American people the tariff was just over half of what was suggested -- 85% per tire. I guess Obama never learned from Bush, that antiquated trade barriers (Steel) can only serve to hurt the people that Politicians like Obama claim to represent.

Said tires are low-quality, mass-produced tires. The kind of tires that low-income families will purchase for their consumer vehicles, meanwhile living paycheck to paycheck. However, policy like this, and the 'buy American' provision only serve to cost American families more than if we allowed foreign competitors to compete.

This is allowed by trade, in which both countries enjoy a comparative advantage. Because of Chinese tires, lower-income families are able to spend more money on other expenses, and China receives more of our money, which they lend back to us at interest! Both parties gain. We must also be quick to judge Obama's judgment, considering the fact that we rely on China so heavily, in more than a handful of ways. Starting a trade war with the country that basically pays our bills shows a serious lapse in judgment.

Here's a good article on freetrade.org, and some wildly hilarious excerpts.

It should be obvious to you, by now, that Obama is just another politician, and his only real goal is to help the people who got him elected (Unions). This type of protectionism only serves to hurt Americans, and is an indirect psuedo-tax increase on low and middle class Americans. The only thing to be gained is a weakened trade and economic relationship with China, and higher tire prices for Americans struggling through a period of recession.

2. Dude..Obama is a puppet for wall street special interest groups and finance oligarch lobbyists..

tim geither, ex fed director

greenspan

gates a bush appointee

the lists goes on..they are all huge wall street players, and people who have a stake in the central banks and the FDA

so to say that obama is sticking up for little man..is to be a bald faced liar

3. Sometimes I think that government supporters are finally seeing the ugly truth and because of that sometimes I wish that the entire world was on this board.

4. "I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption in High Places will follow, and the Money Power of the Country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the People, until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic is destroyed. I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war"

Abraham Lincoln

5. So the guy who yelled "YOU LIE" should have said it more often?

6. Yeah! Obama's always trying to bail out those tire-plant-working fatcats! I mean seriously, when will he think of ways to help the poor, like helping to maintain their employment? This situation is so black and white it's not even funny! Nope, not one shade of gray in the whole matter. You guys are so right!

edit: to be clear, misguided attempt at helping people? Sure. Demonstration that Obama's the evil mastermind you guys paint him out to be? Hardly.

7. You completely missed the point. Thanks for playing.

8. I'm pretty sure that was the point of the post, and your sarcasm adds nothing productive. It isn't a black and white issue that can be fixed by a simple policy like an import tariff. Retaining and creating manufacturing jobs in the US that have been outsourced to other countries is a problem that needs to be confronted on several different fronts. Creating taxes for the primary purpose of creating jobs is bound to beget inefficient and sometimes completely unnecessary job positions, and simply isn't, by itself, a constructive approach in the long term, though it may seem so short term.

That's to be expected from the leader of a country that chooses a new president every 4 to 8 years and then pretends 'everything has changed from the previous administration' and any problems that arise while they're in power is 'blowback from the bad policies of the previous administration'. Situation isn't helped when the general population has a short attention span, little to no knowledge of history, no grasp on economic principles, and easily distracted by the every single shiny new toys manufactured in Asian countries.

9. Really? I thought the point was that Obama hates poor people? I'm so silly, let me just check that thread title again... Oh... Yup, yeah, it suggests "Obama hate poor people".

10. I dunno if he hates them, but he certainly isn't showing that he favors them without implementing policies that encourage the creation and retention of jobs that will exist in an efficient and successful economy in the near and far future. Otherwise, he's just creating temporary positions that aren't sustainable. Its a band aid to the problem that will create a job bubble, and just like every other bubble, it's bound to collapse, unless you keep propping it back up with more and more of these policies, which is exactly how the jobs get outsourced, and you end up with a service based industry, an overly consumptive population, and a debt based economy.

11. You forgot white people too. He really hates poor white people.

12. Your use of sarcasm is actually hindering what little credibility you have.

:wave:

13. He just doesn't like poor people, all his economic policies ultimately hurt them, so it's easy to surmise that he hates poor people.

14. You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Mist425 again.

15. Although I doubt that he "hates" poor people, he comes from an upper-class background and has very little personal experience with much of what the lower income segment of the population must go through to survive.

16. And he just loves blacks, I mean they got to stick up for each other...that racist bastard. :rolleyes:

There, I can be just as productive as you. ;)

17. Yeah, that's it, he's misguided!...? :confused:
    Umm, due to incompetence, somehow he got through the cracks of our political system even though he's dumb... just like almost every other politician...in the past century...yeeeeaaaaahhh. :ey:

And most black people do blindly support him based primarily on his skin color. Tell me that isn't a clear product of a racist society. That doesn't mean Obama gives a shit about them though.