Why does nobody seem to care about freedom or liberty anymore??!?!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SoundClown, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Did you get a Good Conduct Medal?

2. Nope haha

3. When has it ever been different? Hmmmm. America WAS a great place to live. At least until the Europeans got here. They fucked it all up.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. What was life like before the Europeans got there

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The common masses want larger government, a welfare nanny state and consider freedom of action and expression as oppressive and offensive. This is product of years of meticulously planned cultural, social, academic and economic subversion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. The same as it was before the Europeans got there. The myth that North America was some peaceful utopia prior to European colonization is just that, a myth. Tribes were at constant war with other tribes.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Thank you for all the replies guys! Super interesting to see all of your opinions :) It's also a little nice to know I'm not alone lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Neanderthal must have had the same grip when the Homo Sapiens invaded Europe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Actually life was considerably worse before Europe contacted the Americas. The Columbian Exchange increased the supply of food and cash crops on both continents among other things. Same thing with education, colonists brought all kinds of knowledge that Native Americans didn't have because of their isolation.

People don't seem to have any sense of how nuanced this discussion is. Is it really so hard to acknowledge how something could have both positive and negative consequences? Sure, settlers disrupted the Native American lifestyle, but they also brought priceless knowledge and technology to the area.

Another example would be schools. Yes, they were mainly set up to facilitate conversion to Christianity, but it also ensured that many people who would otherwise have gotten zero education learned to read, write, etc..

I just get frustrated when people think they have to take sides and look at it with a "good guys vs bad guys" mindset. No, the Native Americans were not morally superior and, no, colonization was not a bad thing overall. It was an inevitable step in human development.

And like you said, anybody who knows anything about Colonial America knows native tribes warred with each other both before and after the European powers arrived. Lots of people frame the politics of the time period as "Europeans vs Natives" when that's not how it was at all. More often you saw powerful tribes siding with one European power against another, like the Iroquois allying with the British and the Algonquin with the French.

Unfortunately here in Canada the whole subject is politically sensitive and white guys like me have to watch what we say or be branded a "bigot". That's why the internet is great :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. I'm white male from Canada as well haha.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fuck off with your facts, nerd

USA was disneyland before the white ones came and ruined everything

• Like Like x 1
  12. Good post BG. Yes, American history is complicated. Have you read 'The People's History of the
    United States' by Howard Zinn? It's a book every citizen should read. It a history from the POV from the bottom of the totem poll from Columbus to modern day. So the book begins not with Columbus but with the Arawak Indians. Good read

13. It's certainly entertaining as long as you remember to treat it like the work of fiction it is rather than a serious look at history. It's a caricature of history where the white man is evil incarnate and the natives are portrayed as helpless victims.

It's basically a symbol of everything that is wrong with how most people view history. If you think you can separate historical actors into heroes and villains, you are simple minded.

14. You have any book suggestions from a White Supremacist's POV? I'm willing to learn. Make sure it has lots of pictures.

15. I can't provide any white supremacist history books but I'm a fan of Guns Germs and Steel for explaining why the Native American cultures were so different from the European ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fine book and good for light reading. For some more serious reads check out a few favorites. Arnold Toynbee, Bertrand Russell, or Simon Schama.

17. I will if you promise they won't be more pseudo history like Howard Zinn

18. Have any of you guys read The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence? Damn fine book. It's written by two former high ranking CIA officials who reveal a shit ton of information regarding clandestine CIA activities occuring from the mid 60's to early 70's. Definitely would recommend to anybody who wants to learn more about our shady ass government. (And might I add, this is the first book in history to be taken to court by the US Government in order to censor its material.)

19. Hey Johnny, how goes it? Long time! [​IMG]

I have found that the vast majority of Americans I run into (including ALL partisans plus most who are not) do not even know what liberty is. This covers from 20-somethings to my 89 year-old neighbor.

And to go a step further, I agree with the great Walter E. Williams and his (one of many) books entitled, American Contempt for Liberty.

Like all of his writings the prose is simple, to-the-point, common-sense, and has none of the fuzzy, murky, abstract nonsense found with leftist authors.

20. Its funny that this still happens to this day, expecting leaders to live up to this near divine level of integrity. When we know everybody is flawed as hell in some form.

• Like Like x 2