Why does my plant have three fingered leaves?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shanaenae, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Hey guys so I have 2 plants growing, one that grows on its own and one I take care of in a separate area, my question is why does the well taken care of plant have 3 fingers and the one I don't take care of is growing 5 fingered leaves

The well taken care of plant (except for small nutrient deficiency)

[​IMG]

And then the one growing by itself with no care

[​IMG]

Do you see the 5 fingers? Why is my good plant only having 3 fingers?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Do you know the strain? Some strains grow with just 3 leaves, and it could also be that the plant is still just young. It's rare but I dont think its anything to worry about

3. Don't worry about it dude. Plants do this all the time. Any strain can exhibit 3 fingered leaves. Lots of them kick out 1 bladed leaves once in a while if stressed or revegged. Nothing to stress about dude.

Also most seedlings kick out 3 blades before then kicking out 5 on the next chute. If it's a seedling then that's the reason. The next will have more blades

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/perpetual-closet-grow.1434897/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Either the plant is young or it can be a heavy genetic ruderalis plant. Some skip certain leaves. They look fine

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. No it's a seed from some street Reggie I have no clue what strain it is but both plants were from the same batch of seeds

6. The weed you get it from look like it was compressed? If so it's probably brickweed with a handful of different plants buds compressed into one pound bricks or something of that nature. Could easily be from two different plants.

• Like Like x 1
  7. No it was fresh off the bud

8. Yep it turns out u were right it was too young but now it has normal leaves [​IMG] also I switched to indoors since it was raining a lot the past few weeks