Why does my dabs taste like burnt rubber

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Jxdubbs, May 12, 2016.

1. Hey guys. Today I got my first oil rig and dab. I'm using a quartz banger. I'm never dabbed before so I don't know what it's supposed to taste like. I'm 100% positive it not supposed to taste like burnt rubber. I don't know if it was to hot or what I did wrong. I did notice there was a lil piece of bud that some how got stuck
    If you guys could help me out I will be so thankful. Thanks for listening.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. you nail were too hot

3. tha oil you workin with was possably poorly filtered leaving exxcess plant matter that puffs up like wierd popcorn after hit

4. that makes sense. The whole hit tasted like that. I'm guessing that might have touched the heat first?

5. Yea. Your not supposed tk hit the nail when it is red.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. bangers are a waste to taste scenario, gotta let it cool down before you rip it, other wise it will create soot on the Banger

7. I know I'm not supposed to hit it red hot. How long should I wait after I heat it up?

8. My banger is 3mm thick and I wait a little over 30 seconds.. Depends on thickness

9. Mine is a 4mm

10. Did you season it?

11. No salt or pepper. :(

dilligaf

• Like Like x 1
  12. No I honestly didn't know I had to. How do you do that if you don't mind me asking?

13. You are going to want to heat the nail like you would be taking a dab, and then get some reclaim if you have it, if not use your hash oil and drop a couple decent sized globs of wax onto the nail and let them sizzle on the top of the nail and fume off the top, you lose a couple dabs but you get better tasting dabs after

• Like Like x 1
  14. You need to do low heat dabs with a carb cap. A carb cap changed my whole dabbing experience. Now even my gf is getting more into concentrates than flower.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

15. Use old wax if not use your wax. Heat nail, rub it on around it, let it cool. Do this 10 times or so the more the better. Reminds me of a skillet pan :D But yeah I have my new rig never dabbed just read that if you dont season it, it taste like shit.

Dont inhale any of those dabs, thats just to burn off any polish and stuff and the wax goes into the pores and such. Will be a much cleaner hit. Make sure theres no flower resin in there either will effect taste.

16. I do have a carb cap. Should I put on before or during the hit?

17. All of my times are based on a domeless ti nail so it will be different times for you but here is my usual method.

Torch the nail for about 30-45 seconds. Count to about 25 mississippi, then put my dab on the nail and put my carb cap on...You will know you are at a good temperature when after you put the carb cap on the rig starts milking pretty good, then I clear it and good to go. To me, while different strains and everything have differences, I would say dabs are generally a "sweet" kind of taste and can be fruity depending on the strain.

18. Most folks don't season quartz. They clean it will a qtip while its still hot after the hit.