Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does marijuana interest you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Canadian Bud, Jan 4, 2011.

1. I mean, we're all on a site about herb and I myself have done probably a day of research and browsing through these sites, but in the end I always wonder why. I started toking this year but I seem to have a passion for the science and information about mj that most pot smokers simply don't have. Most just try it and enjoy but for me it seems to go past that you know.. Post your thoughts.

2. #2 Flight96, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
    Alot of growers would agree with you, then again some wouldn't. Some growers are strictly in it for the money, others actually enjoy themselves throughout the process. I myself share this interest in cannabis that other weed smokers may not have. I want to know as much about this plant as i can. Marijuana hasn't necessarily FIXED anything of mine, but its made me be able to cope with a lot more i wasn't able to before. Theres definitely alot of interest in this plant or else people wouldn't risk their lives and freedom to cultivate and distribute it as much as possible.

I enjoy my plants when there little sprouts almost as much as when i'm harvesting them lol. Cannabis....it's not necessarily THE way, but it's definitely 'A' way.

3. Well, as of recently I have started to yearn for a deeper knowledge of bud. Before I started researching I knew nothing of Hash, edibles and other marijuana related topics. I just like to learn about all the different ways it can be used, and all the things it can be used for. I also like to read stories about peoples experiences, hoping to maybe learn a little bit. I have recently been reading a bit about growing and it seems like a pretty in depth topic. Happy new year!

4. I just love "exploring" my high. I love just sitting there and figuring out what I'm feeling/thinking/etc. Lately I've also been realizing some stuff about myself through doing it (good and bad lol).

5. It's such an in depth and disputed topic, such a brilliant area.

6. hahah,it's just a awesome plant,It cures cancers for goodness sake :laughing: It's the safest drug out and most beneficial AND it's so beautiful to look at :ey: And we can't forget how great it makes us feel :p

And when it comes to those people that don't know anything about weed but love smoking it,it's okay,i still love them :love:

7. because its fucking awesome!!

8. it's all an adventure to me. been smoking for about three years.

finding the product, trying different types, rolling joints and blunts, finding places to smoke, finding new methods of consumption, and of course the high itself.

to me, no expirience with it is exactly the same.

9. well after watching super high me on 420, this is when i had no clue what any of anything meant, i decided to do some research but i got really interested. this interest was different that i felt before. it just seemed magical, "out of this world" and pleasant. the way it looks, the way it makes me feel, the way it makes me think. i was never interested because it was cool, just that it was looked down upon by almost everyperson i knew, and like the herb i was different. it just has the properties to make people so happy, and happiness is one value that i hold dearly to my heart.

10. The Cannabis species of plants were put here for a reason. Hemp is the most useful plant this earth has ever seen. Its female species is also very interesting because not only is it the most useful medicine with beneficial effects it also makes you feel amazing:smoke:

11. cause it gets me shell. makes me happy to.

12. I have a high IQ but i also cant sit still.

herb calms me down without doctor prescribed bullshit like ritain and adderall, it also makes sure i sleep better than a baby every night, I also perform 300% better and go for 10x longer in bed.

it gets me better gpas in bullshit classes i have no interest in

13. Help's me deal with the crazy shitty life that I live.

14. becuse first and foremost its a plant not like anyother drug other than pure opium its more than just a drug its a very interesting plant in everyway it is one of the strongest plants in the world

15. I've tried doctor-prescribed meds for my anxiety and depression, and I hated the way they made me feel. Marijuana feels so right, natural, and helps me deal with all of my complaints without any nasty side effects. The fact that this herb can heal so many of my problems in a way that no man-made drug ever could and yet it is still illegal and frowned upon intrigues me. When I read about MJ and surf the forum, I feel like I'm getting to know myself better because MJ just seems to fit my life perfectly. :cool:

16. I like to laugh at myself when I'm high because I look at myself from a sober perspective and it makes me happy that there is something I can turn to when I'm having a shit day.:p

17. This guy knows what it is.:eek:

18. Months before I started smoking, I did my research. I think of myself as very intellectual and philosophical man so I have a passion for finding every piece of information about something that I do everyday, smoke marijuana. Besides the terrible reputation I have acquired because of it and the law aspect, I see no downfall in using marijuana on a daily basis. Even though I am a young 18 year old man, I treat marijuana with respect just as I have for the almost 2 years I've been using. I always think of the bright side of things, like when my parents sent me to drug rehabilitation courses to try to get me to quit, I simply tell them it won't ever happen. I can see a very bright future for me in the Marijuana Industry due to the fact it's the only thing I've ever had such a drive and passion for. I would love to be a marijuana activist, I have convinced many of my peers that marijuana use is okay and those that use should not be discriminated, hell! I have even made some of my peers ask me to smoke them out for their first time! I live in a world where outside of my dealer, and one good friend of mine, I get discriminated every single day because of my marijuana use. I am called a "druggie" "pothead" "stupid stoner" and countless other names. But I do not care because my love for this plant is stronger than most have for their family. The people that surround me on a daily basis are terrible mean spirited people, but I believe marijuana would help most of them. They still deny me, but when they find out the truth, I'll be the one they look up to and they will finally understand my message. I am an 18 year old high school senior at a private Catholic school and I love marijuana.

19. "Awesome" doesn't even begin to describe cannabis! :eek:

Have I ever got a "goodie" for all of you intellectuals, or even if you are someone who just wants to learn more about cannabis! I collect cannabis studies and articles - lots of them! See that first link in my sig? Click it and just read to your heart's content! :D

Here are some samples of what I've got (with a few extra comments)-

Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) (CBD stops the growth and spread of breast cancer.)
    Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma ? JPET

Effect of nitrogen on tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content in hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) leaves at different positions (full - 1997) (For the growers.)
    Effect of nitrogen on tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content

Mortality Within the First 2 Years in Infants Exposed to Cocaine, Opiate, or Cannabinoid During Gestation (abst - 1997) (A real block-buster of a study. Look at the numbers!)
    Mortality Within the First 2 Years in Infants Exposed to Cocaine, Opiate, or Cannabinoid During Gestation -- Ostrea Jr et al. 100 (1): 79 -- Pediatrics

Marijuana compound could prevent eye damage in diabetics (news - 2006) (Diabetes blinds thousands every year.)
    Marijuana compound could prevent eye damage in diabetics: The Hempire - [cannabis, britain]

Cannabidiol May be Effective in Preventing Bovine Spongiforme Enzephalopathy (Mad Cow Disease) (news - 2007) (There is no cure for Mad Cow disease. Is CBD the cure?)
    AAMC: Cannabidiol may be effective in preventing bovine spongiforme enzephalopathy (mad cow disease)

How Cannabis Compares to other aging treatments (article - 2008) (Show this to Gramps!)
    Aging comparision of medicine chart with medical marijuana

Phytochemical and genetic analyses of ancient cannabis from Central Asia
    (full - 2008) (The ancient Chinese Shaman's stash- he took it with him to the grave!)
    Phytochemical and genetic analyses of ancient cannabis from Central Asia ? J Exp Bot

HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT : Methods and results of the bacteriological experiments
    (full - 1955) (FYI- MRSA, aka "flesh-eating bacteria", is a type of Staph aureus)
    GreenPassion.org - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis

And here's a newer version of the antibacterial activity of cannabinoids-

Antibacterial cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa: a structure-activity study.
    (full - 2008) (Cannabis kills MRSA and other antibiotic-resistant bacteria in a way totally different than antibiotics. MRSA would have zero tolerance.)
    Antibacterial Cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa: A Structure

As you can see, cannabis does much more than get you high, or "just" relieve your pain! If everyone knew what cannabis could do medically, we'd have it legal before the end of this year! How about educating yourselves, and then educating others?

Or look at the bottom of my sig- send me an email and I'll send you a free PDF of the whole dang list! All 420 pages of links! :eek:

Granny :wave:

20. It's a lovely alternative to alcohol