Why does it smell so bad?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fuzzyOne401, Dec 3, 2011.

1. The other day i cut down 4 of my plants, after they dried for 4 days they were very crisp, no moisture at all dont know why they dried so fast, but they have no smell whatsoever, i put them in glass jars today to start curing and they just smell real weird, not what i expeced a whole shitload of fresh weed to smell like. what did i do wrong?

2. I just put a thermostat where I dried it and the humidity is 30

3. Sounds as though you let them dry too long before puttin them in the jars. However, some of the smell should return.

Also,
    I think your jars are too large. You have too much packed in each of them to keep the humidity where you want, while still avoding mold. Smaller jars should be used with roughly 1oz in each of them. Some of the larger stems should've been left on so that the bud can stand on end and the air can easily "flow" around the bud.

4. Doesn't it normally take over a week to dry

5. you dried to fast if crispy in 4 days..temps were too high plain and simple..what were your temps during drying? it took my plants 7 days to dry and plants retained enough moisture for a cure..if your plants were crisp when put in jars..you're not curing..all you're doing is storing over dried bud..try putting a moist piece of tissue or orange/lemon peel in jar and seal for an hr then check, if buds are moist remove peel/tissue and begin to cure..if not reseal and check every half hr until moist..good luck..

6. I'm guessing your talking dehumidifier.. If so you needed it to be at 55 and temp at room temp no light etc then when the dehumidifier doesn't cut on anymore your ready to jar.. They will be crisp but not falling apart.. Add a piece of bread in jar to add moisture for a couple hours you might be able to bring the smell back.. Good luck..

7. I'm cutting. Down the last 8 tomorrow what about putting fresh buds in with the crisp ones... I'm going to need a humidifier its 30-40 where I dry and 70 degrees all the time

8. Oh and no I dont have a dehumidifier its just naturally 30 to 40 in the place I dried in... guess I need a humidifier.

9. #10 jjh1957, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    Get a Hygrometer, when you think your hanging buds are close, put a single big bud in a jar with the hygrometer and check humidity. Easier than trying to guess. If drying that fast, maybe try a paper bag.

10. Three days hanging at sixty five f with forty to fifty hummidity always worked bomb for me. After the three days it's into paper bags for two to four days then jarred. If you are having trouble a cardboard box with a hole cut on each side and a space heater. The closer the heater is to one of the vents the higher the temp and lower hummidity..move the space heater away and you get higher hummidity and lower temp. It helped me find the perfect environment

11. I bough a humidifier for my drying area and put bread in the jars. The bread is really helping in surprised..

Tomorrow I'm cutting down the last eight plants but even the plants I have not cut are pretty dry already I know if I hang em up they gonna be bone dry in a day I was thinking. Of cutting them and putting right in jars is that a mlbad idea? Why would they be so dry I dont get it. My grow room is always 75 so heat is not a problem.
    lights are not close and are cooled from outside new England air so that's not hot at all.