why does humidity matter

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lovbud, Jan 20, 2011.

1. at the moment i have a problem with humidity, ranging from around 35-40% night-day.
    i was wondering though, does it really matter a great deal? what is it that humidity affects?

2. #3 tplat, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011

I have been told that a humidity range of 30-50% is fine. To low of humidity and the leaves will have a dry feel to them and to much humidity and it increases the chance of mold. Your 35-40% is a good range. During my last summer grow the window AC got the humidity down to aorund 20% and that was to low the leaves felt dry to the touch and during my last indoor winter grow the humidity got in the 70% range and I found condensation between leaves that were ontop of on another so it took alot of LST and an extra fan to avoid mold.

3. ok cool, i think i get it.
    thanks for the info. i guess ill just spray them up if their seeming too dry, otherwise all is good :smoke:

4. #5 Oregons Finest, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011

Humidity breeds mold in flowers, 50% or so is ideal. Higher humidity is usually fine in your veg area, but it is a bad idea to let your humidity get above 60% in flower.

This link shows how humidity closes and opens plant stomata.
    http://www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-o...-gardening.com/plant-growth-and-humidity.html

Pick up a dehumidifier.

5. Another way to add some humidity is put a bucket of water in there with a fan pointed at it. Your humidity is good at 35-40%.