Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does all "dro" taste the same?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lunchbox1, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Around here where I live most people refer to herb as either "green" or "Dro". Green being anything from good seedless local outdoor to shitty wet seedy unmanicured crap. And dro being, well dense hydroponically grown nuggets. I have done several soil grows and every plant has had a very distinct smell and taste. I was just wondering why the all the dro Ive gotten over the years pretty much tastes the same? I mean youve got good dro and bad dro it just all seems to taste very similar. I have been curious about switching to hydro for the speed but if every strain I grow is gonna taste the same then I gotta stick to good old soil.

Thanks to any1 who can anwer my dumb question...:confused:

2. Most dro is commercial grown

3. I don't grow so I can't comment on that, but I know what you been about the 'generic' taste they all seem to have.

4. Soild based grows are inherently more varied than hydroponic grows. In fact, this ability to make all buds grow the same with hydroponics is why growers like to use them - they can predict how much yield and strength it will have.

Two different strains should still come out different even with hydro systems but when your growing with soil there more variables than just your plants DNA, so your naturally going to get a wider range of tastes.

5. Thanks. That's kinda what I figured...

6. That explains things perfectly, Thank you!