Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do you think they should legalize mj?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by evilidiot, Dec 13, 2008.

1. For me, I found out that it is the be fucken painkiller ever. I got my wisdom teeth dug out of my mouth and after i smoke i couldnt feel it for half the day. Mj works twice as well as the prescription painkiller they gave me which works for only 2hrs; this sucks because i need to wait 4hrs untill i can take it again and im in real pain at that point.

2. If the US believes that you're innocent until proven guilty, and if marijuana has not been justly proven guilty of all its "vices," then the US doesn't have a right to make it illegal.

I think.

3. Legalizing Marijuana right now would benefit us very much in the recession and could add so much to the economy its unbelievable..

4. the government would need to find a way to turn mj into a commodity and reduce private production

• Non-toxic substance

• Medicinal benefits -

1. ADD & ADHD
    2. Alzheimers
    3. Appetite Stimulant
    4. Arthritis
    5. Asthma
    6. Atherosclerosis
    7. Chemotherapy
    8. Crohn's and Colitis
    9. Diabetes
    10. Depression
    11. Epilepsy
    12. Fibromyalgia
    13. Glaucoma
    14. Heart Disease
    15. Hepatitis
    16. Herpes
    17. HIV & AIDS
    18. Multiple Sclerosis
    19. Neuropathic pain
    20. Osteoporosis
    21. Parkinson's Disease
    22. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

• People who use medical marijuana and require organ transplants would not be voided because of their legal marijuana use therefore less innocent people would die.

• It was made illegal for false pretenses.

1. Racism and pharmaceuticals & paper monopolies

• It could revolutionize the economy because of it's uses

1. (Bio-diesel, medicine, clothing, foods, canvas, paper, plastics.)

• Law enforcement would have more time to spend actually protecting the people and making society safer

• Legalization would stop the current black market trade.

1. Non-violent marijuana users and dealers would be released from jails opening up space for murderers and rapists

• It would provide kids and college kids with a safer alternative for enjoyable recreation

1. Kids will always want to get fucked up. It's a lot harder for the youth to obtain legal drugs like cigarettes or alcohol, but a lot easier for kids to obtain illegal drugs. If marijuana was legal, it would be harder for kids to get it.

What can we do?

5. wouldnt government run marijuana become a tobacco thing where its made with horrible unorganic products? i think if thats the case, it couldnt happen b/c everyone who has been a user of marijuana will continue to get the best from their neghborhood grower, or start to grow their own b/c much less punishment.

6. I think if it was legal, it shouldn't be sold and regulated in all stores. Just dispensaries for medical purposes, and if you do grow it your own, then your free to do what you wish with it. Since it would be legally sold in dispensaries and free to grow on your own, the price would be really low, and then it would be unprofitable for the black-market to abuse the legal system and sell it themselves on the street. People would have to be able to grow their own, to an even better standard then dispensaries and drop their prices even lower than what they would be.

7. Click either link in my sig for my reason.

Granny :wave:

8. I for one do not think marijuana should be legalized. It would put hard working individuals like myself and many on this forum out of the job. Look at what we do people. The average smoker hands their money over to a dealer who in turn hands his money over to a grower somewhere down the line. All of that money eventually gets invested right back into the very community that it came from. If it were legal it would be heavily taxed... we would have no way to stay in business... and worst of all, that money would go to corporations and the federal government. Weed should most assuredly not be legalized in a non-medical environment, but decriminalized. If it were illegal to sell pot, posses over an ounce, and grow it but made an extremely low priority by law enforcement it would do nothing but stimulate localized economies around the country. Legalize marijuana and you'd be handing a market that belongs to the people right into the hands of the federal government to fuel their war mongering and rape of the constitution.

Decriminalize... Don't Legalize. :hello:

9. This man is the shit.

10. The 2nd this.

11. I have a right to put whatever I want in my body. I'm not hurting anyone else. No one has any right over me to tell me what I cannot put in my body.

That alone should be enough, but no one really cares about morals anymore.

It's all the functionality of it.

12. We are on the path right now to this right now with mass(i think) decriminalizing marijuana. I think if mass has a good turn out more states next election will have this on there ballot. It will be a slow process but one day i believe it will be.

13. You're absolutely right. If it were on a national ballot the support would be overwhelming and it starts with state governments. Though I'm unfamiliar with Mass's politics, I do know that Colorado (specifically Denver) have taken broad strides towards Decriminalization. It's worked out very well for the city of Denver. Oddly enough their DUI related deaths have taken a plunge as resources have been diverted to enforcing alcohol related offenses. That i guess is superfluous to the point that the states are taking steps in the right direction and supporting that by voicing your support does nothing but help.
    The problem on the Federal side of the issue is financial, as always, rather then moral. Virtually every one in this country knows the relative harmlessness of mj opposed to alcohol. You can't expect politicians and lawmakers to not be able to clearly see that. However, laws regarding mj remain highly enforced and sought after. Regan didn't just declare war on drugs, he declared financing a war-machine to wage battle on the "moral ineptitude" of America. Consequently there are hundreds of thousands of Americans employed to fight the war on drugs; mj related enforcement represents a large slice of the pie. I mean a lot of people here probably saw the NatGeo special on weed, with the DEA dudes in the helicopter... Make mj legal and those people lose their jobs thereby agitating the problem i mentioned in my previous post. Decriminalizing would potentially do the same thing. So where can federal and state governments find a common ground with the people demanding change?
    I'd love to hear some of your ideas regarding this. My solution is simple. Decriminalize mj and devote all of that enforcement to real drugs like Methamphetamine. Focus on the booming Heroin supply that's hitting our shores as a result of the "war on terror." If genuine concern of the safety of the citizens of the United States is the true motive behind the war on drugs, then why the fuck are we wasting our tax dollars on marijuana?:mad:

14. So I don't have to pay to renew my recommendation.

15. To quote Barney Frank, "The vast majority of human behavior should be none of the governments business."

16. Why would we want to explain why it should be legal when the government should give us a reason why it shouldn't. Because we all already know why it should be legal but iv never heard the government give a true reason why it should be illegal.

17. Because Cannabis has many, many, many, many uses, none of them negative.

18. I have a question for everyone (it may be a BIT off topic but not really).

I keep going back to the arguement that MJ is grown and not manufactured and didn't God put everything on this earth for us? It's our bounty so to speak, along with all the animals and other natural resources on this earth. Therefore one could argue that since MJ is natural it has it's place in treating certain ailments etc.

But aren't Poppy's and Coca plants also natural? And isn't cocaine and heroin made from those plants? Those are lethal drugs and not good for society etc. So are some plants good and some actually bad?

Just thinking outloud ;)

19. yes. however those need to be processed to get the drugs out of the plants. this isnt the case with marijuana. :smoking: