Why do you like rap?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Delluhsion, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Does it not get old hearing this in 10 different songs back to back to back?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUE7KuggTU[/ame]

Or this one?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0_uMSd4xOM[/ame]

2. rap is...eh, all sounds the same to me

hip hop on the other hand...hip hop is great! haha

i like the beats, ripping apart other songs for samples, with a nice boom bap and mellow bass line.

old OLD jedi mind tricks, old OLD celph titled, apathy the alien tongue, de la soul, tribe, big l...all give me HUGE boners

3. grew up listening to it...

4. 2chainz...not boring..perfect for a lot of occasions
    nas illmatic all other "real hip hop" and 99% of old shit....boring..rarely a good occasion to play it...except road trips ha

i know i enjoy 2chainz because he is a good artist in my mind, he raps about everything i like, poppin bottles, doin drugs, fuckin bad bitches, gettin money, spendin money, cars, basically livin life to the fullest and enjoyin it...he also always has some poundin ass beats and is lyrically creative and funny at the same time.....

5. Because a lot of rap is chill, especially when high. If you don't like this song when you're high then you need a new pair of ears:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubobf9M4QzU]Odd Future - Oldie (Lyrics on Screen) - YouTube[/ame]

6. Most of the artists I tend to listen to are almost like Poets. The lyrics have meaning, not just talking about bitches and bud. I can put on a good track, smoke a bowl and listen to the story they paint with their lyrics and beats, thats what I like about it.

7. *talk about your weed* *talk about a bitch* *back to something that relates to what you said about your weed* 2 chainnnzzzz Congrats, you are now rapping like tity boi.

8. [quote name='"wazzup123"']I used to hate rap but I was high one night listening to pandora when some raps songs came up. I enjoy the beat and rhythm in rap songs and like how rappers merge they're lyrics with the music. The flows they're able to produce with words seems like a cool talent.

I listen to a select few though, there's a lot that suck.[/quote]

I also like the flow mixed with the beat the best as well as dark music and that's why tech n9ne and strange music are some of my favorites..can't stand the slow talk rap yea it might have good lyrics but I want to hear melodies not a poem

9. I blame Kanye.

10. My favorite rappers are curreb$y and Freddie Gibbs.

Curren$y cause he's always kept it real, he raps about weed, cars, vans video games. Those are all things I like, and he's got good flow, lyrics etc..

Gibbs cause well he's gangsta Gibbs, I mostly like his flow and his lyrics also.

11. This when I need that good hip hop feel...I listen to the old stuff and underground stuff...Rather than hip pop. Sampling is just another form of craft the producers use to incorporate into their art. Those artist who i admire that do sample are...pretty lights, kanye, pete rock, kno from cunninglynguist, nujabes, and of course jdilla...

12. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiyaOYuijwM[/ame]

13. i used to like it because of the content of the song you know like the points there trying to make or the story of the song but latly i havent liked rap at all i dont have any albums that are from 2009 or further exept relapse and recovery latly the lyrics dont have much substance too em

14. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFY2kJ96jNY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

15. I can understand the lyricism of the 90s being good or even better.
    But from a production standpoint, the beats today are EXPONENTIALLY better in terms of provoking certain emotion, laying down a certain vibe. they are more complex than your typical boom bap ba-boom boom bap of any random 90s song. Not to mention the quality of a song from that era usually fails to capture the crisp high ends of a song. Like take any random song from then compare it to a random song made today and you will notice how production has came a long way in terms of audio engineering. and as I stated earlier about the producers recycling the same samples over and over again, shit will eventually get whack to y'all.

To put it in perspective, my dad is 44 and has been listening to hip hop since it was INVENTED, and he prefers listening to modern music. Why? Because it sounds way better and is more original and creative. This is a REAL hip hop OLD HEAD for you.

16. I like it because it is more real than a lot of other types of music,well at least the rap I listen to anyway ha ha.I like how it can be done anywhere at any time with or without a beat and still sound good if they have good flow.My favorite type of rap is free styling,because I think it takes a lot of skill to pump out a decent song off the top of the dome with out any aids other than your thoughts.

17. because this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE]Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby - YouTube[/ame]

18. I'm a punk- I like bands like the Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Misfits; I'm also a huge metalhead- Deicide, God Among Insects, Cannabis Corpse, stuff like that. Reggae music is pretty cool though, but my selection only consists of Sublime, at the moment

19. I'm a 90's Baby,So I stick to my 90's Rap,These are the times when Rappers rapped about everyday life and shit you could relate to.....

These days......FML.aLL OF ITS THE SAME SHIT BUT DIFFERENT RAPPER AND DIFFERENT BEAT.Money,Bitches,Drugs,Jewelry.....Shits getting old to HEAR about,Ya feel meh -.-

20. [quote name='"BigToka"']

I'm a punk- I like bands like the Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Misfits; I'm also a huge metalhead- Deicide, God Among Insects, Cannabis Corpse, stuff like that. Reggae music is pretty cool though, but my selection only consists of Sublime, at the moment[/quote]

Deicide and CC :metal:

probably my two favorite Death Metal bands

if i wasn't on the app, id rep you